Start Page add new link to server

Hello
on my start page
http://ip-address/univention/portal/
i wished to add a link to a external Server outside the ucs system.
i have done this a couple of months ago - but doing it again it is not working.
as admin i log in and with the pen bootem right i got the option to add it but not showing up at the end!

have a nice day
vinc

Hey vinc,

missing entries are often just a caching issue, could you have a look at the portal from a different machine or browser?
If the entry is still missing you could verify if it has been created from the UMC module ā€œDomain > Portal settingsā€ (UCS 4) / ā€œDomain > Portalā€ (UCS 5) and check if the entry is activated and the visibility is not restricted. Lastly a restart of of the services univention-portal-server, univention-management-console-server and univention-management-console-web-server could help.

Best regards
Jan-Luca

Sorry Yes a cashing Problem!
other Laptop did work - how to clear only this caching Problem?
on my Linux laptop ctrl -shift - r did not work

any help or information - or why it is so long hold in the cashing?

I guess you could try to clear the cache for this site directly, for Firefox this can be done via about:preferences (see Clear cookies and site data in Firefox | Firefox Help).

Fun not working, but added another link, still not working but another laptop and my IPAD got the change direct !
strangeā€¦

i reboot of the server did the trick! so nothing to do with my Browser!
and a new ā€œproblemā€ rise up - i have two links added both go to a server which do not belong to the ucs zoo!
both should open in a new tab . one is doing so the other not! why?
is there a place to add a _blank or something like that?

have a nice day
vinc

Hey vinc,

glad that you got it working, perhaps there was some serverside caching enabled too.
Regarding the link behaviour: The setting can be done portal-wide and is named Default link behaviour for portal entries and should be New tab.

Best regards
Jan-Luca

sorry now - the problem sits on the keyboard. i have 2 univention server and configured on the Master, but the URL in the cashe was from the second server. when i i got it - there where the entry - just waiting to be clicked.

1 Like
Mastodon