[Solved] Rocket Chat: How to deactivate self registration

Hello,
as far as I understand the description that appears after installing the app, only local accounts with the activated Rocket Chat option should be able to use the app.
Why is it then possible for everyone to register on the login screen and have access to the app? I tested this with a new account that does not exist on the UCS.
How can I deactivate the option on the login screen of Rocket Chat?

And there seems to be something wrong with the links on the welcome screen:

If you’re an admin, feel free to change this content via AdministrationLayoutHome Body . Or clicking here.

Well, the subdirectory “admin” doesn’t exist, and when I change the URL to http://192.168.0.242/rocketchat/admin/ I only get an info page.

Thanks for any hint or suggestion,

Stefan

The administration area is only available for users with the “admin” role. As far as I remember there is a local user named “admin” created during the setup. You should be able to assign the admin role to your personal account by logging on with this user.
The administration section (setting “Accounts”/“Konten”) is also the place to deactivate or hide the registration page.

hth,
Dirk

Thanks for pointing me to the admin account! It was an example of selective reading - I ignore the first part of the description and only read the part about LDAP.

Have a nice weekend,

Stefan

Mastodon