Self service

Hello,

Self service was working fine for a while, people could change and reset their passwords without issues. Now when users try to reset their password this happens;

Enter username and click next
After a few minutes the following error pops-up “SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected character at line 1 column 1 of the JSON data”
Reset password is set to send a token to e-mail.
If i enter an invalid username i do get an error that the user is not found, so part of the script works.

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the self-serve module.

Ant help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi,

the error message is mentioned in comment 2 of [bug]40152[/bug], unfortunately without saying what can cause an import error.
There might be a chance that there is some data in the self service data of the account.
I’d also see if one of the /var/log/univention/self-service* files contains more information.

Best Regards,
Dirk Ahrnke

Thanks Dirk for pointing it out. Strange thing is that it was working for a while.
Hope they get to that bug quickly, seeing that it’s been reported end of last year :wink:

Cheers

As far as I understood the bug it is just the goal to provide more information about the cause of these errors, Even if this addressed it will most likely not fix the problem itself.
I’d try to extract the problem from the mentioned logs.

I no longer have the json error, but now the one displayed is “Error sending token: [Errno 111] Connection refused”

Checked the logs and here’s what i can see;

[23/Feb/2017:11:21:31] “POST /univention-self-service/passwordreset/get_reset_methods HTTP/1.1” 200 64 “https://password.360-innovations.com/univention-self-service/?lang=en-US” “Mozilla/5.0 ($/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:51.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/51.0”
[23/Feb/2017:11:21:32] “POST /univention-self-service/passwordreset/send_token HTTP/1.1” 500 66 “https://password.360-innovations.com/univention-self-service/?lang=en-US” “Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ub$11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:51.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/51.0”

Any ideas?

/var/log/univention has a self-service-access.log and self-service-error.log.
Maybe you can find some hints there. The Apache logs just says that there is a problem.

What i wrote earlyer is from the access-log. There’s nothing in the error-log, well nothing recent enough.

Thanks

ok, the error happens during the “send_token” function.
maybe there is a problem accessing the mail service.

Found out that postfix wasn’t starting for some reason.
Some config errors apparently, but i didn’t change anything.
Redid the postfix config and everything is working.
Very strange.

Thanks

Mastodon