Rocket.Chat 6.5.2: Links using root directory instead of /rocketchat/

Hey,
today I updated my rocket.chat application to version 6.5.2 on ucs 5.0-7 errata1018. Rocket.Chat itself can be accessed by using https://fqdn/rocketchat/ as usual. Login is also possible.

When i try to navigate to a settings,channel or direct chat, i get redirect errors from apache. The hyperlinks within rocket.chat refer to root directory instead of /rocketchat/

In the administration settings under settings - general the directory is set correctly:

Am I missing something? Is there any option within rocket.chat to define the application directory?

Kind Regards.

1 Like

Hi. Did you manage to fix that problem?

I’ve got a strange behavior after new installation of rocket.chat. I managed to login in as admin and added two new users. They’re able to login in. For all users - including admin - I recieve grafik
This comes on every Klick on the navigation menue on the left and using the app is almost impossible.

I’am not sure what/where to investigate. The only thing I recognized is Apache is logging sth. I do not understand:

::1 - - [17/Jun/2024:17:38:17 +0200] "OPTIONS * HTTP/1.0" 200 130 "-" "Apache/2.4.38 (Univention) OpenSSL/1.1.1n mod_wsgi/4.6.5 Python/3.7 (internal dummy connection)"
::1 - - [17/Jun/2024:17:38:18 +0200] "OPTIONS * HTTP/1.0" 200 130 "-" "Apache/2.4.38 (Univention) OpenSSL/1.1.1n mod_wsgi/4.6.5 Python/3.7 (internal dummy connection)"
::1 - - [17/Jun/2024:17:38:19 +0200] "OPTIONS * HTTP/1.0" 200 130 "-" "Apache/2.4.38 (Univention) OpenSSL/1.1.1n mod_wsgi/4.6.5 Python/3.7 (internal dummy connection)"

on every Klick in the navigation menue or so on…

Do have any advice for me what or where to check?

Thank you very much in advance

Hi.
No sorry. I was not able to fix this. Instead of fixing i removed the complete ucs rocket.chat app.
I switched to a debian linux with docker running official rocket.chat image… :frowning:

Kind Regards.

Hi
I have managed to fix a workaround, there must be a better way but it does the job; put in /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/default-ssl.conf, before the ProxyPass for rocketchat, the following:

RewriteEngine On
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/rocketchat/.*$
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/admin/.*$
    RewriteRule ^/(.*) /rocketchat/$1 [PT,QSA]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/channel/.*$
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/direct/.*$
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/marketplace/.*$

and reload apache.

I also had to fix stuff in the LDAP settings to properly import my users, weird as one would expect an UCS app to do that correctly in the first place.

Anyone that can comment why the app is not regularly updated?

Mastodon