Reverse lookup zone - problems with additional reverse zones

Hi,

I’m having some issues with setting up reverse lookup zones on my server.
I have a forward lookup zone associated with my domain, and one reverse lookup zone. My UCS server has entries in both of those, as the IP address of the UCS server is in that reverse lookup zone.
However, if I want to add additional reverse lookup zones, I can’t figure out why it’s not working - on all other DNS servers (including bind9) this is working as expected - I create a zone, I add the FQDN of the DC dc.demo.domain.com, but then it complains that there is no PTR record in that zone for that FQDN. If I try to add PTR record inside of this new zone, it complains that it can’t add the record.

Basically, this is my scenario:
forward zone: demo.domain.com - working as intended
forward zone record: dc.demo.domain.com → 10.198.128.11 - working as intended
reverse lookup zone1: 128.198.10.in-addr.arpa (10.198.128) - working as intended
reverse zone1 record: 10.198.128.11 → dc.demo.domain.com - working as intended
reverse lookup zone2: 129.198.10.in-addr.arpa (10.198.129) - name server dc.demo.domain.com - not working as intended
reverse zone2 record: can’t add it - not working as intended
reverse lookup zone3: 130.198.10.in-addr.arpa (10.198.130) - name server dc.demo.domain.com - not working as intended
reverse zone3 record: can’t add it - not working as intended

Please don’t tell me that I need to add IP address to the server in each zone for which I want to serve reverse zones just to be able to add them. Doesn’t make sense that I would need to do that. Other than that, everything is working great, it’s just that I need to be able to make DNS fully functional before I can put this into production, and I’m completely out of ideas on what to do or what I may be missing.

Mastodon