Release Update 3.2-3 Error

I was at version 3.2-1 and successfully updated to 3.2-2 errata220 via Univention Management Console Software Update, I rebooted and processed two Domain Join scripts it said it needed to do, then I tried to update to 3.2-3 but failed. I keep trying to update to 3.2-3 but get the following every time after about 11 seconds into the update:

[quote]iU winbind 2:4.1.0-1.694.201410141852 service to resolve user and group information from Windows NT servers failed
ERROR: The package state on this system is inconsistent.
Please run ‘dpkg --configure -a’ manually
Error: Update aborted by pre-update script of release 3.2-3[/quote]
What do I do? I don’t even know how to manually run ‘dpkg --configure -a’, is this done somewhere else in the Univention Management Console? or somewhere in the KDE desktop like Computer>Run Command? or is there something else that needs to happen?

I found and tried Terminal but message says I need to have different privileges even though on as Admin:

[ul]
[/ul] Please help, thank you.

Hello,

you have to do it by the user root on your terminal. By default it is has the same password as the user Administrator.

Regards
Ulf Friedel

Thank you, su to root all it needed, ran it manually then the Update ran successfully in the Univention Management Console.

When running the command manually there was a message about multiple lines in the Samba config but that I could just choose to automatically configure so I did. Other than that, went straight through.

Thanks again

Aaron

Mastodon