We are pleased to announce the availability of the release candidate of UCS 3.1 as DVD-ISO for i386 and amd64. It addresses technology partners and partners, who want to test the upcoming minor release. The release candidate is not designated for production use. An update to the final stable release is not supported.
The following elements of the planned feature set of UCS 3.1 have been added with the release candidate:
- Program driven migration from Microsoft Active Directory to Samba 4
- Support of UEFI
- Updated preview of Univention App Center
- Further performance as well as detailed improvements for usability in the webbased UCS management system
- Less memory usage in the web browser using the webbased UCS management system
- Further stabilization compared to milestone 2
The installed system is configured to retrieve package updates from testing.univention.de. It allows to easily follow the development of UCS
3.1 by just updating the packages.
Questions can be asked in the Univention Forum in the section UCS. Information about download and installation of the milestone can be found in the Univention Wiki in the article UCS 3.1 Development - Testings. Further information about development, schedule and feature set can be found in this article, as well.