proFTPd - how to access member server's directories

Hello,

I have installed uninvention 4.4.3 (with mediawiki bluespice pre-installed), I have managed to configure some basics like users and installed proFTPd FTP server (but I could not follow all instructions in this thread on how to install it and setup ldap auth due to some commands not working - like parameter “proftpd-mod-ldap”). Only managed to use command “apt install ftp proftpd”, which worked.

I managed to access some basic directory via root after creating a share (not sure if that one manages folders for proFTPd)

uninvention

I have read that the default installation directories for bluespice or owncloud are under \var\www\ ,but this folder does not contain neither app folders, instead I get an empty “bluespice” folder under \var.

The apps run well, so there must be a different way on how to configure the accessible folder, but unfortunately I have not been able to search for any solution or manual on how to debug this issue, simply because I am not familiar with such things as linux/UCS/ or LDAP configuration and there are not so many manuals for such basic stuff I believe. :slight_smile:

Has anyone faced the same issue or has some advice please?

So far I got my bluespice wiki working on localhost, but without accessing it’s files, I cannot edit the extensions or configuration to enhance it (which is why I turned to pre-configured OS in the first place).

Thank you

Peter

bump, can anyone relate please? I feel like giving up on Uninvention, as it is not so “user-friendly”

Mastodon