Problem / Timeout when updating UCS server

My server is a 4.4-x fully updated until last week. When I attempt to run the update module from the web interface, the screen gets stuck at “…loading data…” and the cursor sits there and spins. After several minutes, I get an “An unknown error with status code 502 occurred while connecting to the server, please try again later.” pop up on the screen.

When I log into the server via the ssh console, and run “univention-app update” the process is extremely slow, taking literally minutes between each line when downloading from https://appcenter.software-univention.de

I tried changing the external DNS of the server from 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1 to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
I tried restarting the server.
I tried shutting down the vmWare host and restarting the UNC server.

No improvements at all.

I suspect some sort of timeout or delay accessing the univention servers. But, I don’t know what else to check. Firewall?

The kopano, webapp, and nextcloud services seem to be running just fine and can be accessed as intended.

Suggestions?

Did some tinkering with this problem. I tried “pinging” appcenter.software-univention.de" and learned that my UCS server was attempting to access that site using IPv6. I thought for SURE that I have IPv6 not set up on my server, or, on the vmWare server that is hosting this UCS session.

I then added appcenter.software-univention.de and updates.software-unvention.de to the /etc/hosts file referencing IP address 176.9.114.147. When I did this, ‘pinging’ these servers properly referenced the IPv4 address.

NOW, the updates to UCS started to work.

So, how do I eliminate IPv6 from my server and make sure, for the foreseeable future, that I can resolve the update servers via IPv4?

Thank you,
John

John

Mastodon