Problem: Replica doesn't get all the policies that it should

Problem

The directory /var/lib/samba/sysvol/fqdn/Policies on the replica doesn’t look the same as it does on the primary. There are many directories missing.

Investigation

Use samba-tool ntacl sysvolcheck to check for problems and take a look at /var/log/univention/sysvol-sync.log which mentions the following problems:

bash: /dev/null/.bashrc: Not a directory
2024-09-03 09:40:27 ERROR [primary] rsync exitcode was 23 (Could not chdir to home directory /dev/null: Not a directorybash: /dev/null/.bashrc: Not a directoryrsync: get_xattr_data: lgetxattr("/var/lib/samba/sysvol/fqdn/scripts/Icons/my-file.ico","user.DOSATTRIB",0) failed: Permission denied (13)IO error encountered -- skipping file deletionrsync error: some files/attrs were not transferred (see previous errors) (code 23) at main.c(1677) [generator=3.1.3])
2024-09-03 09:40:27 ERROR [primary] Skipping sync to local sysvol!
2024-09-03 09:45:27 ERROR [primary] rsync exitcode was 23 (Could not chdir to home directory /dev/null: Not a directorybash: /dev/null/.bashrc: Not a directoryrsync: get_xattr_data: lgetxattr("/var/lib/samba/sysvol/fqdn/scripts/Icons/my-file.ico","user.DOSATTRIB",0) failed: Permission denied (13)IO error encountered -- skipping file deletionrsync error: some files/attrs were not transferred (see previous errors) (code 23) at main.c(1677) [generator=3.1.3])
2024-09-03 09:45:27 ERROR [primary] Skipping sync to local sysvol!
2024-09-03 09:51:01 ERROR [primary] rsync exitcode was 23 (Could not chdir to home directory /dev/null: Not a directorybash: /dev/null/.bashrc: Not a directoryrsync: get_xattr_data: lgetxattr("/var/lib/samba/sysvol/fqdn/scripts/Icons/my-file.ico","user.DOSATTRIB",0) failed: Permission denied (13)IO error encountered -- skipping file deletionrsync error: some files/attrs were not transferred (see previous errors) (code 23) at main.c(1677) [generator=3.1.3])
2024-09-03 09:51:01 ERROR [primary] Skipping sync to local sysvol!

Solution

The file my-file.ico mentioned Permission denied errors. We checked the ACL on that file, compared it with others, and adjusted the ACLs accordingly on that file. After that the sysvolsync worked as it should and all the other directories that were missing appeared on the replica. So one file was the cause for the whole sync on that machine to not continue.

This topic was automatically closed after 24 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.

Mastodon