Print shares and GPO

We have deploy UCS for replace our W*** server 2012 and try to reproduce the same services as weel.
Groups, User’s home and shares directories works like a charm (with some problems for rights, but after many tries, it works).
Now, we have a problem to deploy our printers. The last obstacle !
We have install Cups and add our printers in it. We can see they from our windows clients and can connect its manually.
We add the drivers of printers with “printmanagement.msc” tool in windows 7.

We add policies management with RSAT in windows 7 and add 2 printers in the “Default Domain Policy GPO” in the config User Policies like the doc says.

We see it in a gpresult /user myuser /v and some other policies we added.
The gpudate /force works and say there is no problem.
But the printers aren’t deploy. :disappointed_relieved: .

We don’t know how to look for the reason of this fail.
Can you help us tu looking for deeper in our tests ?

Thanks a lot for your help and thanks a lot for the good job with Univention !

I find that Policies are stocked in \myucs\sysvol\my.lan\policies
And I couldn’t see my changes in this files.
I try to make clean my old GPO, and delete all rules.
I only change the “Default Domain Policy”.
I change option with Policies Management (gpmc.msc) in “user prefs” and add another printer and run :
gpupdate / force
And I find in “Result of Groups Strategy” on bottom of Policies Management that for my PC, the printer cannot be added for some restriction in access (windows error).

[my solve]

I must not use “User Perfs” to add share printer. I must choose in Strategy / Windows configuration : Printers deploy

And Printer must have a driver before added in deployement. In printermamagement.msc under windows, each printer should have his driver.

So I reset all printers in deployement and add each printer slowly with UPPERCASE for my UCS name and write each name of printer to add it like :
\MYUCS\myprinter -> add

And so, I close the GPO, and actualise it.
And I verify that the changes are here in

That’s I find this night.
Can you confirm this process ?

May I have done some mistakes ?

Mastodon