Print from Windows 10

I have a UCS-server with a printer queue which works perfectly fine from Windows 7 clients, but not from Windows 10 clients. I have trawled the Internet searching for a solution to no avail. The error message I get is:

Windows cannot connect to the printer. The driver that you are trying to install is not compatible with Windows XP and Windows Server 2003.

or, depending on the driver,:

Operation failed with error 0x000006d1.

I have tried to disable the firewall on the client.
I have verified that I have access to the print$-share on the server, and I am able to upload new drivers via Windows Print Management.
I have checked that the installed drivers work when used to print directly to the device from Windows 10.
I have tried different drivers which all work when printer is setup locally on the Win 10 client.

When searching the net, the best solution I have been able to find, is setting up a local printer queue. This but is not a viable solution. Neither is setting up the queue on a Windows server which, of course, also works fine.

Could somebody please give me a tip on how to solve this issue not involving a local queue or setting up the queue on a Windows server?

Many thanks in advance

best regards
Harald

Hi Harald,

we also got the error 0x000006d1 and had to disable client side rendering (s. Druckerfreigabe, ein wares Desaster ... :-() with RegKey

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\Printers]
"ForceCSREMFDespooling"=dword:00000000

Why only W10 needs this setting and W7 works with enabled CSR I dont understand. Bugs, I assume :slight_smile:

Dont know about that other error of Yours.

Kind regards,

Martin

1 Like

Hi,

I pushed out the registry setting by a GPO, and the problem was solved. Thanks a lot, Martin. You made my day :grinning:

Best regards
Harald

Thanks a lot for this solution who save my printers !
Our Tower PC work without any problems, but our notebooks didn’t see our printers.
We had this policy and the printers are installed immediately after reboot.

Mastodon