Our difference seems we are not making it part of an existing system.
Can you clarify which ports are required to be open to sync data & password hashes? (we want to double check this)
Should we perhaps be looking at the windows AD blocking the password request for some reason (but why a restart of the UCS fixes it)?
OUR TEST SYSTEM SETUP:
1.Create a NEW UCS domain NOT part of current schema, (finish procedure, update)
2.load in Active directory connection
3. Set UCS debugging to 3 (connector/debug/level)
4. "synchronisation of account data between an Active Directory and this UCS Domain"
5. allow to synchronise.
6. user usage via connection to the AD server (MS)
We now find it is not necessary to loose power to the systems, the systems randomly disconnects.
sometimes an hour, sometimes 3 hours, yesterday it was 16 hours.
FURTHER VALIDATION TESTING:
1. we rebuilt the windows AD server on a new machine, rebuilt a new UCS system
2. turned on UCS debugging =3
FURTHER SCOPE testing:
1. Check ports/ protocols (TCP/UDP)
2. Check python resources, connection limits etc
3. Check MTU/ Packet Fragmenting/Timeout
4. Check if it is OSX computer based objects triggering crash.
The UCS server then ran for 16 hours without erroring,
but finally the connection crashed again (logging an OSX client) & the first computer in the morning.
log was clean until this: