I have a case of mangled names I’d like to fix. Official Samba solution would be to add
mangled names = no in smb.conf. So I’d like to do that the UCS way.
As the fileserver is a member server I tried applying a policy with
samba/global/options/mangled names = no. But this policy doesn’t show up. I guess I have to trigger something but I’m too impatient for that.
Then I added the UCR variable directly on the memberserver. But still not effect. Seems to lack a trigger again …
Then I added the option to
/etc/univention/templates/files/etc/samba/smb.conf.d/01univention-samba_main. But I don’t know how to trigger a regeneration of the samba config.
So, here I am. Any of my questions answered might solve my problem. Ideally I’d like to know the answer to my first question, but I’d also take all the others, too.