Paused a virtual machine and can't get it restarted

Hey forum,

I don’t know if or how this one would refer to my problem, but it doesn’t help me.

as a matter of fact I didn’t want to migrate my VM anywhere else. I just wanted to stop it due to a restart of the hosting UCS-machine (now on 4.3, err 456)… everything went smooth until I wanted to restart said VM via UVMM.
the VM shows “paused” with a “?” at the end of the row. On mouseover I’m getting a note that it’s gonna be restarted after migration had ended.

Since I haven’t started a migration (nor do I want to do that) what can I do to get it restarted?

already looking forward to your advices
Thanks in advance
JK

anyone with an idea on what to do??

There might be a chance to use the virsh commandline to resume or destroy and start the machine.
As far as I remember UVMM will also recognize these state changes even it did not do them himself.

hth,
Dirk

Please log in via ssh on your UVMM server. What’s the output of virsh list --all?

none, i’m afraid…

Administrator@ucs:~$ virsh list --all
 Id    Name                           State
----------------------------------------------------

i remember that i once set up a personal pool and called it “VirtuelleMaschinen” and yes said VM was mounted there.
But somehow I can’t connect to “VirtuelleMaschinen” nor am I able to get to any information about it using virsh

ha!

with sudo virsh and list --all i got more successful:

virsh # list --all
 Id    Name                           State
----------------------------------------------------
 1     other-ubuntu-18-04             paused

and following that

virsh # resume other-ubuntu-18-04
Domain other-ubuntu-18-04 resumed

fixed the problem.

thanks @Moritz_Bunkus and, of course, @ahrnke

Mastodon