Package maintenance with automatic reboot

Hello all,

I’am using here UCS 5.0-3 errata601. I have activated the automatic updates (daily). This also works very well. Only now and then, depending on which packages are installed, you have to restart the server. Now there is an option “Restart after package maintenance”.

This option allows to optionally perform an automatic restart of the system after release updates, either directly or after the specified time interval in hours.

On normal Debian/Ubuntu systems, the system automatically detects when a reboot is required. Where do I set this in UCS? Do not want to restart all servers every day.

Very thanks and Best Regards
boospy

Hi,
you might get an idea how this works if you look at the cron-job. Example:

root@server:~# cat /etc/cron.d/univention-maintenance 
# cron job for update
PATH=/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/bin
0 7 * * 5       root    /usr/sbin/jitter 600 true;/usr/share/univention-updater/univention-updater net --updateto=5.0-99 --silent --noninteractive;/usr/share/univention-updater/univention-actualise --dist-upgrade --silent;if [ -f /run/univention-updater-reboot ];then at -f /var/lib/univention-updater/reboot.at -- 00:15 2>/dev/null;rm -f /run/univention-updater-reboot;fi

During an update some packages may create /run/univention-updater-reboot which will trigger the at job. This will usually happen with patchlevel updates but certainly not for every update.

hth,
Dirk

Wow, thats it. Now i understand this! Very thanks :grinning:

Mastodon