OX Display name

open-xchange

Hi,

I´m on version 4.4-0 errata90.

When opening user settings in the admin panel I get

Die folgenden leeren Eigenschaften wurden im Formular auf Vorgabewerte gesetzt. Die Werte werden beim Speichern angewendet.

• Open-Xchange - Open-Xchange - Zeitzone: Africa/Abidjan
  • Open-Xchange - Open-Xchange - Sprache: Czech/Czech Republic
  • Open-Xchange - Open-Xchange - OX-Berechtigung: login disabled

When I change the settings to Europe/Berlin, German/Germany and “Webmail,PIM,Groupware,WebDAV” and OX Anzeigename to “Vorname Nachname” I get:

“Das LDAP-Objekt konnte nicht gespeichert werden: OX Display name has to be set for open-xchange users.”

The user is not new. Everything was fine since the last update.

I cannot change any user settings…

Regards,
Joachim

It seems the defaults for the OX settings do not exist (the settings shown are the alphabetically first). Please run the join script and logout and login from the web UI:

$ univention-run-join-scripts --run-scripts --force 65univention-ox.inst
$ service univention-management-console-server restart

Greetings
Daniel

Hello Joachim,

I just had the same error in our own domain. I solved the problem by logging out and in again - no errors, and the values were back the way they were before.

What did I do to trigger this error? I edited a user (I don’t know if it matters that I edited my own user while being logged in as my own user), saved the user, and re-opened the user very fast again. This triggered the error and I can reproduce this.

So maybe logging out and in again helps you.

Cheers,
Timo

Hello Timo,

thank you for your response. Loggin out an in again didn´t solve the problem. I cannot exactly say what I did to trigger the error. Some days before I installed some UCS Updates.

I solved the problem by restarting the server one more after the ucs updates were installed.

If it happens again I´ll try the suggestion of Daniel @troeder

Best regards,
Joachim

Hi,

now the problem does not apear in der frontend anymore but in openxchange.log.0 it´s still there.

com.openexchange.admin.rmi.exceptions.InvalidDataException: Field "display_name" is a mandatory field and can't be set to null.
	at com.openexchange.admin.rmi.dataobjects.EnforceableDataObject.testMandatoryCreateFieldsNull(EnforceableDataObject.java:288)
	at com.openexchange.admin.rmi.impl.OXUser.change(OXUser.java:1102)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
	at sun.rmi.server.UnicastServerRef.dispatch(UnicastServerRef.java:357)
	at sun.rmi.transport.Transport$1.run(Transport.java:200)
	at sun.rmi.transport.Transport$1.run(Transport.java:197)
	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	at sun.rmi.transport.Transport.serviceCall(Transport.java:196)
	at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport.handleMessages(TCPTransport.java:573)
	at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run0(TCPTransport.java:834)
	at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.lambda$run$0(TCPTransport.java:688)
	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run(TCPTransport.java:687)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
2019-05-11T14:05:03,808+0200 ERROR [RMI TCP Connection(28)-127.0.0.1] com.openexchange.admin.rmi.impl.OXUser.change(OXUser.java:1146)```

Regards,
Joachim

The error might be old or unrelated.
Please check the listener log file (/var/log/univention/listener.log) for problems.
If there were problems in the past, it is possible that old user create/modify/delete jobs are still queued. You can see those jobs using the the OX queue management script /usr/share/univention-ox/manage_listener_queue.
When reporting, please attach an LDAP dump of the user account / group / OX resource and the relevant portion of the listener logfile.
To raise the verbosity of the listener module, run:

ucr set ox/debug/level=4
service univention-directory-listener restart

Greetings
Daniel

Hi @troeder

thank you for your answer.
Your were right, there were queued listener jobs.

I deleted them…

Regards,
Joachim