OX Display name

open-xchange

#1

Hi,

I´m on version 4.4-0 errata90.

When opening user settings in the admin panel I get


Die folgenden leeren Eigenschaften wurden im Formular auf Vorgabewerte gesetzt. Die Werte werden beim Speichern angewendet.

  • Open-Xchange - Open-Xchange - Zeitzone: Africa/Abidjan
  • Open-Xchange - Open-Xchange - Sprache: Czech/Czech Republic
  • Open-Xchange - Open-Xchange - OX-Berechtigung: login disabled

When I change the settings to Europe/Berlin, German/Germany and “Webmail,PIM,Groupware,WebDAV” and OX Anzeigename to “Vorname Nachname” I get:

“Das LDAP-Objekt konnte nicht gespeichert werden: OX Display name has to be set for open-xchange users.”

The user is not new. Everything was fine since the last update.

I cannot change any user settings…

Regards,
Joachim


#2

It seems the defaults for the OX settings do not exist (the settings shown are the alphabetically first). Please run the join script and logout and login from the web UI:

$ univention-run-join-scripts --run-scripts --force 65univention-ox.inst
$ service univention-management-console-server restart

Greetings
Daniel


#3

Hello Joachim,

I just had the same error in our own domain. I solved the problem by logging out and in again - no errors, and the values were back the way they were before.

What did I do to trigger this error? I edited a user (I don’t know if it matters that I edited my own user while being logged in as my own user), saved the user, and re-opened the user very fast again. This triggered the error and I can reproduce this.

So maybe logging out and in again helps you.

Cheers,
Timo


#4

Hello Timo,

thank you for your response. Loggin out an in again didn´t solve the problem. I cannot exactly say what I did to trigger the error. Some days before I installed some UCS Updates.

I solved the problem by restarting the server one more after the ucs updates were installed.

If it happens again I´ll try the suggestion of Daniel @troeder

Best regards,
Joachim


#5

Hi,

now the problem does not apear in der frontend anymore but in openxchange.log.0 it´s still there.

com.openexchange.admin.rmi.exceptions.InvalidDataException: Field "display_name" is a mandatory field and can't be set to null.
	at com.openexchange.admin.rmi.dataobjects.EnforceableDataObject.testMandatoryCreateFieldsNull(EnforceableDataObject.java:288)
	at com.openexchange.admin.rmi.impl.OXUser.change(OXUser.java:1102)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
	at sun.rmi.server.UnicastServerRef.dispatch(UnicastServerRef.java:357)
	at sun.rmi.transport.Transport$1.run(Transport.java:200)
	at sun.rmi.transport.Transport$1.run(Transport.java:197)
	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	at sun.rmi.transport.Transport.serviceCall(Transport.java:196)
	at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport.handleMessages(TCPTransport.java:573)
	at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run0(TCPTransport.java:834)
	at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.lambda$run$0(TCPTransport.java:688)
	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run(TCPTransport.java:687)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
2019-05-11T14:05:03,808+0200 ERROR [RMI TCP Connection(28)-127.0.0.1] com.openexchange.admin.rmi.impl.OXUser.change(OXUser.java:1146)```

Regards,
Joachim

#6

The error might be old or unrelated.
Please check the listener log file (/var/log/univention/listener.log) for problems.
If there were problems in the past, it is possible that old user create/modify/delete jobs are still queued. You can see those jobs using the the OX queue management script /usr/share/univention-ox/manage_listener_queue.
When reporting, please attach an LDAP dump of the user account / group / OX resource and the relevant portion of the listener logfile.
To raise the verbosity of the listener module, run:

ucr set ox/debug/level=4
service univention-directory-listener restart

Greetings
Daniel


#7

Hi @troeder

thank you for your answer.
Your were right, there were queued listener jobs.

I deleted them…

Regards,
Joachim