Owncloud migration to UCS appliance

Hi There! I need to migrate an owncloud 9.1.6 installation on a Ubuntu lts 14.04 to the UCS Appliance.
I ve successfully installed phpmyadmin on Ucs, i can dump the db from the previous MySQL to the new one, but i dont know where to put data and config files, in the UCS owncloud Appliance.
Thanx in advance!

Hi,

there are default pathes in Owncloud, indeed. You might need to check where they are for your setup. I assume Owncloud is running from within a Docker container? Then you have to check inside the container.

Additionally, have you checked https://doc.owncloud.org/server/10.0/admin_manual/maintenance/migrating.html ? I bet it is helpful for such a migration even if it does not mention UCS.

/KNEBB

Hi all,

I am quite new to univention-contained owncloud-x.
I have an old owncloud 9 that is hosted on an Ubuntu 16.04.2 LTS machine.
I would be replacing this old owncloud 9 with the new deployment
I have successfully deploy owncloud-x appliance contained by univention (using univention as my LDAP server).

One thing I am at a loss is how i can migrate the data from the old owncloud to this?

I am reading an article from owncloud but it appears to not consider the part owncloud is contained by univention.
I am able to backup the DB which i think is the only consideration needs to be done on the old server.
But I don’t know how to restore it to the new server.

Just to clarify… Owncloud’s univention-based setup is a in a docker container.
Provided owncloud-x is installed properly and is working
I access it owncloud instance under univention by

SSH to univention
From univention type univention-app shell owncloud
There is all confusing to me which i need help…
My questions here are:
How can I copy the backuped files from my old server to this new instance?
How can i restore the database (backup of the old server) to this new instance
What are the default credentials I can use to do step 2 above (restoring db)

Any guide is highly appreciated!

Wonder if there’s a solution for this :frowning:

Hey,

The files (not the Owncloud code, but the files users upload etc.) are stored outside the container, obviously, somewhere beneath the path /var/lib/univention-appcenter/apps/owncloud/data/files. The whole directory /var/lib/univention-appcenter/apps/owncloud/data is bind-mounted into the running container when it starts.

Owncloud uses the MySQL database server running on the host the container/app is installed on. The passwort for MySQL’s root user can be found on the host in /etc/mysql.secret. You can use the usual mysqldump -u root -p owncloud > your-dump.sql for dumping your old database and mysql -u root -p owncloud < your-dump.sql to restore it on the host.

I haven’t actually tested this, so this may or may not work. Note further that Owncloud-on-Univention is configured to authenticate users against the UCS LDAP servers (as you’ve already written initially). This means that your old, existing users must have the same login names as the existing users in your UCS domain — otherwise Owncloud will think authenticating users don’t exist yet and create new accounts.

Furthermore Owncloud doesn’t necessarily use the user name for associating user accounts in the database with user accounts in the LDAP directory. This can usually be configured in the Owncloud LDAP configuration. Read more about this in the Owncloud documentation (read the whole “Expert settings” section).

Last but not least make sure that your user accounts are enabled for Owncloud access in the Univention management Console (edit a user, select the “advanced settings” tab, expand “Owncloud”, check the “owncloud enabled” checkbox).

Good luck.

Kind regards,
mosu

Hey Moritz,

I was able to proceed further! Thanks! Here are the steps i did:

1. Found the MySQL password that i was able to use to import the file as per your suggestion
  2. Copy the exported DB to /var/lib/univention-appcenter/apps/owncloud/data/files
  3. Able to import the DB following the steps above
  4. When I accessed my OwncloudX via web, it prompted me to perform an upgrade.
  5. i shelled to owncloud by accessing univention-app shell owncloud
  6. used OCC command to perform the upgrade occ upgrade. However it showed me an error saying to disable the following apps firstly to perform the upgrade.
  7. i run the following command
occ app:disable activity
occ app:disable files_antivirus
occ app:disable files_pdfviewer
occ app:disable files_texteditor
occ app:disable gallery
occ app:disable templateeditor
  1. i performed the upgrade using occ-upgrade
  2. i went out of maintenance mode occ maintenance:mode --off
  3. i exited the owncloud shell
  4. i restarted apache2 service
    12)… when i log using credentials on the old server, it says…
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator if this error reappears multiple times and include the technical details below in your report.

More details can be found in the server log.

Technical details
Remote Address: 172.17.42.1
Request ID: F2kbC3Sql004biAKUjCp

i am now at a loss :frowning:

Hey,

look at the Apache log files inside the container and the Owncloud log file (which can be accessed directly from the host as it’s stored somewhere beneath /var/lib/univention-appcenter/apps/owncloud/data) for clues.

Kind regards,
mosu

Hi Moritz,

I am digging at the log on this path /var/lib/univention-appcenter/apps/owncloud/data/files/owncloud.log

Here’s the error message.

{"reqId":"6pxWK3JXpo1LHtq3cMcs","level":3,"time":"2018-06-20T16:33:02+08:00","remoteAddr":"","user":"--","app":"core","method":"--","url":"--","message":"Error while running background job (class: OCA\\Files\\BackgroundJob\\CleanupFileLocks, arguments: ): {\"Exception\":\"Doctrine\\\\DBAL\\\\Exception\\\\InvalidFieldNameException\",\"Message\":\"An exception occurred while executing 'UPDATE `oc_jobs` SET `execution_duration` = ? WHERE `id` = ?' with params [0, \\\"6\\\"]:\\n\\nSQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column 'execution_duration' in 'field list'\",\"Code\":0,\"Trace\":\"#0 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/owncloud\\\/lib\\\/composer\\\/doctrine\\\/dbal\\\/lib\\\/Doctrine\\\/DBAL\\\/DBALException.php(128): Doctrine\\\\DBAL\\\\Driver\\\\AbstractMySQLDriver->convertException('An exception oc...', Object(Doctrine\\\\DBAL\\\\Driver\\\\PDOException))\\n#1 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/owncloud\\\/lib\\\/composer\\\/doctrine\\\/dbal\\\/lib\\\/Doctrine\\\/DBAL\\\/Connection.php(1015): Doctrine\\\\DBAL\\\\DBALException::driverExceptionDuringQuery(Object(Doctrine\\\\DBAL\\\\Driver\\\\PDOMySql\\\\Driver), Object(Doctrine\\\\DBAL\\\\Driver\\\\PDOException), 'UPDATE `oc_jobs...', Array)\\n#2 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/owncloud\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/DB\\\/Connection.php(210): Doctrine\\\\DBAL\\\\Connection->executeUpdate('UPDATE `oc_jobs...', Array, Array)\\n#3 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/owncloud\\\/lib\\\/composer\\\/doctrine\\\/dbal\\\/lib\\\/Doctrine\\\/DBAL\\\/Query\\\/QueryBuilder.php(208): OC\\\\DB\\\\Connection->executeUpdate('UPDATE `oc_jobs...', Array, Array)\\n#4 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/owncloud\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/DB\\\/QueryBuilder\\\/QueryBuilder.php(141): Doctrine\\\\DBAL\\\\Query\\\\QueryBuilder->execute()\\n#5 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/owncloud\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/BackgroundJob\\\/JobList.php(325): OC\\\\DB\\\\QueryBuilder\\\\QueryBuilder->execute()\\n#6 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/owncloud\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/BackgroundJob\\\/Job.php(66): OC\\\\BackgroundJob\\\\JobList->setExecutionTime(Object(OCA\\\\Files\\\\BackgroundJob\\\\CleanupFileLocks), 0)\\n#7 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/owncloud\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/BackgroundJob\\\/TimedJob.php(53): OC\\\\BackgroundJob\\\\Job->execute(Object(OC\\\\BackgroundJob\\\\JobList), Object(OC\\\\Log))\\n#8 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/owncloud\\\/cron.php(121): OC\\\\BackgroundJob\\\\TimedJob->execute(Object(OC\\\\BackgroundJob\\\\JobList), Object(OC\\\\Log))\\n#9 {main}\",\"File\":\"\\\/var\\\/www\\\/owncloud\\\/lib\\\/composer\\\/doctrine\\\/dbal\\\/lib\\\/Doctrine\\\/DBAL\\\/Driver\\\/AbstractMySQLDriver.php\",\"Line\":71}"}
{"reqId":"6pxWK3JXpo1LHtq3cMcs","level":3,"time":"2018-06-20T16:33:02+08:00","remoteAddr":"","user":"--","app":"core","method":"--","url":"--","message":"Error while running background job (class: OC\\Authentication\\Token\\DefaultTokenCleanupJob, arguments: ): {\"Exception\":\"Doctrine\\\\DBAL\\\\Exception\\\\InvalidFieldNameException\",\"Message\":\"An exception occurred while executing 'UPDATE `oc_jobs` SET `execution_duration` = ? WHERE `id` = ?' with params [0, \\\"13\\\"]:\\n\\nSQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column 'execution_duration' in 'field list'\",\"Code\":0,\"Trace\":\"#0 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/owncloud\\\/lib\\\/composer\\\/doctrine\\\/dbal\\\/lib\\\/Doctrine\\\/DBAL\\\/DBALException.php(128): Doctrine\\\\DBAL\\\\Driver\\\\AbstractMySQLDriver->convertException('An exception oc...', Object(Doctrine\\\\DBAL\\\\Driver\\\\PDOException))\\n#1 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/owncloud\\\/lib\\\/composer\\\/doctrine\\\/dbal\\\/lib\\\/Doctrine\\\/DBAL\\\/Connection.php(1015): Doctrine\\\\DBAL\\\\DBALException::driverExceptionDuringQuery(Object(Doctrine\\\\DBAL\\\\Driver\\\\PDOMySql\\\\Driver), Object(Doctrine\\\\DBAL\\\\Driver\\\\PDOException), 'UPDATE `oc_jobs...', Array)\\n#2 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/owncloud\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/DB\\\/Connection.php(210): Doctrine\\\\DBAL\\\\Connection->executeUpdate('UPDATE `oc_jobs...', Array, Array)\\n#3 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/owncloud\\\/lib\\\/composer\\\/doctrine\\\/dbal\\\/lib\\\/Doctrine\\\/DBAL\\\/Query\\\/QueryBuilder.php(208): OC\\\\DB\\\\Connection->executeUpdate('UPDATE `oc_jobs...', Array, Array)\\n#4 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/owncloud\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/DB\\\/QueryBuilder\\\/QueryBuilder.php(141): Doctrine\\\\DBAL\\\\Query\\\\QueryBuilder->execute()\\n#5 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/owncloud\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/BackgroundJob\\\/JobList.php(325): OC\\\\DB\\\\QueryBuilder\\\\QueryBuilder->execute()\\n#6 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/owncloud\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/BackgroundJob\\\/Job.php(66): OC\\\\BackgroundJob\\\\JobList->setExecutionTime(Object(OC\\\\Authentication\\\\Token\\\\DefaultTokenCleanupJob), 0)\\n#7 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/owncloud\\\/cron.php(121): OC\\\\BackgroundJob\\\\Job->execute(Object(OC\\\\BackgroundJob\\\\JobList), Object(OC\\\\Log))\\n#8 {main}\",\"File\":\"\\\/var\\\/www\\\/owncloud\\\/lib\\\/composer\\\/doctrine\\\/dbal\\\/lib\\\/Doctrine\\\/DBAL\\\/Driver\\\/AbstractMySQLDriver.php\",\"Line\":71}"}
{"reqId":"6pxWK3JXpo1LHtq3cMcs","level":3,"time":"2018-06-20T16:33:02+08:00","remoteAddr":"","user":"--","app":"core","method":"--","url":"--","message":"Error while running background job (class: OC\\Log\\Rotate, arguments: \/var\/lib\/univention-appcenter\/apps\/owncloud\/data\/files\/owncloud.log): {\"Exception\":\"Doctrine\\\\DBAL\\\\Exception\\\\InvalidFieldNameException\",\"Message\":\"An exception occurred while executing 'UPDATE `oc_jobs` SET `execution_duration` = ? WHERE `id` = ?' with params [0, \\\"18\\\"]:\\n\\nSQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column 'execution_duration' in 'field list'\",\"Code\":0,\"Trace\":\"#0 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/owncloud\\\/lib\\\/composer\\\/doctrine\\\/dbal\\\/lib\\\/Doctrine\\\/DBAL\\\/DBALException.php(128): Doctrine\\\\DBAL\\\\Driver\\\\AbstractMySQLDriver->convertException('An exception oc...', Object(Doctrine\\\\DBAL\\\\Driver\\\\PDOException))\\n#1 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/owncloud\\\/lib\\\/composer\\\/doctrine\\\/dbal\\\/lib\\\/Doctrine\\\/DBAL\\\/Connection.php(1015): Doctrine\\\\DBAL\\\\DBALException::driverExceptionDuringQuery(Object(Doctrine\\\\DBAL\\\\Driver\\\\PDOMySql\\\\Driver), Object(Doctrine\\\\DBAL\\\\Driver\\\\PDOException), 'UPDATE `oc_jobs...', Array)\\n#2 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/owncloud\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/DB\\\/Connection.php(210): Doctrine\\\\DBAL\\\\Connection->executeUpdate('UPDATE `oc_jobs...', Array, Array)\\n#3 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/owncloud\\\/lib\\\/composer\\\/doctrine\\\/dbal\\\/lib\\\/Doctrine\\\/DBAL\\\/Query\\\/QueryBuilder.php(208): OC\\\\DB\\\\Connection->executeUpdate('UPDATE `oc_jobs...', Array, Array)\\n#4 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/owncloud\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/DB\\\/QueryBuilder\\\/QueryBuilder.php(141): Doctrine\\\\DBAL\\\\Query\\\\QueryBuilder->execute()\\n#5 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/owncloud\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/BackgroundJob\\\/JobList.php(325): OC\\\\DB\\\\QueryBuilder\\\\QueryBuilder->execute()\\n#6 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/owncloud\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/BackgroundJob\\\/Job.php(66): OC\\\\BackgroundJob\\\\JobList->setExecutionTime(Object(OC\\\\Log\\\\Rotate), 0)\\n#7 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/owncloud\\\/cron.php(121): OC\\\\BackgroundJob\\\\Job->execute(Object(OC\\\\BackgroundJob\\\\JobList), Object(OC\\\\Log))\\n#8 {main}\",\"File\":\"\\\/var\\\/www\\\/owncloud\\\/lib\\\/composer\\\/doctrine\\\/dbal\\\/lib\\\/Doctrine\\\/DBAL\\\/Driver\\\/AbstractMySQLDriver.php\",\"Line\":71}"}
{"reqId":"RxqUN258peAirPsd9Q2N","level":3,"time":"2018-06-20T16:34:02+08:00","remoteAddr":"","user":"--","app":"core","method":"--","url":"--","message":"Error while running background job (class: OC\\Authentication\\Token\\DefaultTokenCleanupJob, arguments: ): {\"Exception\":\"Doctrine\\\\DBAL\\\\Exception\\\\InvalidFieldNameException\",\"Message\":\"An exception occurred while executing 'UPDATE `oc_jobs` SET `execution_duration` = ? WHERE `id` = ?' with params [0, \\\"13\\\"]:\\n\\nSQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column 'execution_duration' in 'field list'\",\"Code\":0,\"Trace\":\"#0 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/owncloud\\\/lib\\\/composer\\\/doctrine\\\/dbal\\\/lib\\\/Doctrine\\\/DBAL\\\/DBALException.php(128): Doctrine\\\\DBAL\\\\Driver\\\\AbstractMySQLDriver->convertException('An exception oc...', Object(Doctrine\\\\DBAL\\\\Driver\\\\PDOException))\\n#1 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/owncloud\\\/lib\\\/composer\\\/doctrine\\\/dbal\\\/lib\\\/Doctrine\\\/DBAL\\\/Connection.php(1015): Doctrine\\\\DBAL\\\\DBALException::driverExceptionDuringQuery(Object(Doctrine\\\\DBAL\\\\Driver\\\\PDOMySql\\\\Driver), Object(Doctrine\\\\DBAL\\\\Driver\\\\PDOException), 'UPDATE `oc_jobs...', Array)\\n#2 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/owncloud\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/DB\\\/Connection.php(210): Doctrine\\\\DBAL\\\\Connection->executeUpdate('UPDATE `oc_jobs...', Array, Array)\\n#3 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/owncloud\\\/lib\\\/composer\\\/doctrine\\\/dbal\\\/lib\\\/Doctrine\\\/DBAL\\\/Query\\\/QueryBuilder.php(208): OC\\\\DB\\\\Connection->executeUpdate('UPDATE `oc_jobs...', Array, Array)\\n#4 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/owncloud\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/DB\\\/QueryBuilder\\\/QueryBuilder.php(141): Doctrine\\\\DBAL\\\\Query\\\\QueryBuilder->execute()\\n#5 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/owncloud\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/BackgroundJob\\\/JobList.php(325): OC\\\\DB\\\\QueryBuilder\\\\QueryBuilder->execute()\\n#6 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/owncloud\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/BackgroundJob\\\/Job.php(66): OC\\\\BackgroundJob\\\\JobList->setExecutionTime(Object(OC\\\\Authentication\\\\Token\\\\DefaultTokenCleanupJob), 0)\\n#7 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/owncloud\\\/cron.php(121): OC\\\\BackgroundJob\\\\Job->execute(Object(OC\\\\BackgroundJob\\\\JobList), Object(OC\\\\Log))\\n#8 {main}\",\"File\":\"\\\/var\\\/www\\\/owncloud\\\/lib\\\/composer\\\/doctrine\\\/dbal\\\/lib\\\/Doctrine\\\/DBAL\\\/Driver\\\/AbstractMySQLDriver.php\",\"Line\":71}"}
{"reqId":"RxqUN258peAirPsd9Q2N","level":3,"time":"2018-06-20T16:34:02+08:00","remoteAddr":"","user":"--","app":"core","method":"--","url":"--","message":"Error while running background job (class: OC\\Log\\Rotate, arguments: \/var\/lib\/univention-appcenter\/apps\/owncloud\/data\/files\/owncloud.log): {\"Exception\":\"Doctrine\\\\DBAL\\\\Exception\\\\InvalidFieldNameException\",\"Message\":\"An exception occurred while executing 'UPDATE `oc_jobs` SET `execution_duration` = ? WHERE `id` = ?' with params [0, \\\"18\\\"]:\\n\\nSQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column 'execution_duration' in 'field list'\",\"Code\":0,\"Trace\":\"#0 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/owncloud\\\/lib\\\/composer\\\/doctrine\\\/dbal\\\/lib\\\/Doctrine\\\/DBAL\\\/DBALException.php(128): Doctrine\\\\DBAL\\\\Driver\\\\AbstractMySQLDriver->convertException('An exception oc...', Object(Doctrine\\\\DBAL\\\\Driver\\\\PDOException))\\n#1 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/owncloud\\\/lib\\\/composer\\\/doctrine\\\/dbal\\\/lib\\\/Doctrine\\\/DBAL\\\/Connection.php(1015): Doctrine\\\\DBAL\\\\DBALException::driverExceptionDuringQuery(Object(Doctrine\\\\DBAL\\\\Driver\\\\PDOMySql\\\\Driver), Object(Doctrine\\\\DBAL\\\\Driver\\\\PDOException), 'UPDATE `oc_jobs...', Array)\\n#2 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/owncloud\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/DB\\\/Connection.php(210): Doctrine\\\\DBAL\\\\Connection->executeUpdate('UPDATE `oc_jobs...', Array, Array)\\n#3 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/owncloud\\\/lib\\\/composer\\\/doctrine\\\/dbal\\\/lib\\\/Doctrine\\\/DBAL\\\/Query\\\/QueryBuilder.php(208): OC\\\\DB\\\\Connection->executeUpdate('UPDATE `oc_jobs...', Array, Array)\\n#4 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/owncloud\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/DB\\\/QueryBuilder\\\/QueryBuilder.php(141): Doctrine\\\\DBAL\\\\Query\\\\QueryBuilder->execute()\\n#5 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/owncloud\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/BackgroundJob\\\/JobList.php(325): OC\\\\DB\\\\QueryBuilder\\\\QueryBuilder->execute()\\n#6 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/owncloud\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/BackgroundJob\\\/Job.php(66): OC\\\\BackgroundJob\\\\JobList->setExecutionTime(Object(OC\\\\Log\\\\Rotate), 0)\\n#7 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/owncloud\\\/cron.php(121): OC\\\\BackgroundJob\\\\Job->execute(Object(OC\\\\BackgroundJob\\\\JobList), Object(OC\\\\Log))\\n#8 {main}\",\"File\":\"\\\/var\\\/www\\\/owncloud\\\/lib\\\/composer\\\/doctrine\\\/dbal\\\/lib\\\/Doctrine\\\/DBAL\\\/Driver\\\/AbstractMySQLDriver.php\",\"Line\":71}"}
{"reqId":"eH5dxW5iy87B0mJBWSWB","level":3,"time":"2018-06-20T16:35:02+08:00","remoteAddr":"","user":"--","app":"core","method":"--","url":"--","message":"Error while running background job (class: OC\\Log\\Rotate, arguments: \/var\/lib\/univention-appcenter\/apps\/owncloud\/data\/files\/owncloud.log): {\"Exception\":\"Doctrine\\\\DBAL\\\\Exception\\\\InvalidFieldNameException\",\"Message\":\"An exception occurred while executing 'UPDATE `oc_jobs` SET `execution_duration` = ? WHERE `id` = ?' with params [0, \\\"18\\\"]:\\n\\nSQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column 'execution_duration' in 'field list'\",\"Code\":0,\"Trace\":\"#0 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/owncloud\\\/lib\\\/composer\\\/doctrine\\\/dbal\\\/lib\\\/Doctrine\\\/DBAL\\\/DBALException.php(128): Doctrine\\\\DBAL\\\\Driver\\\\AbstractMySQLDriver->convertException('An exception oc...', Object(Doctrine\\\\DBAL\\\\Driver\\\\PDOException))\\n#1 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/owncloud\\\/lib\\\/composer\\\/doctrine\\\/dbal\\\/lib\\\/Doctrine\\\/DBAL\\\/Connection.php(1015): Doctrine\\\\DBAL\\\\DBALException::driverExceptionDuringQuery(Object(Doctrine\\\\DBAL\\\\Driver\\\\PDOMySql\\\\Driver), Object(Doctrine\\\\DBAL\\\\Driver\\\\PDOException), 'UPDATE `oc_jobs...', Array)\\n#2 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/owncloud\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/DB\\\/Connection.php(210): Doctrine\\\\DBAL\\\\Connection->executeUpdate('UPDATE `oc_jobs...', Array, Array)\\n#3 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/owncloud\\\/lib\\\/composer\\\/doctrine\\\/dbal\\\/lib\\\/Doctrine\\\/DBAL\\\/Query\\\/QueryBuilder.php(208): OC\\\\DB\\\\Connection->executeUpdate('UPDATE `oc_jobs...', Array, Array)\\n#4 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/owncloud\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/DB\\\/QueryBuilder\\\/QueryBuilder.php(141): Doctrine\\\\DBAL\\\\Query\\\\QueryBuilder->execute()\\n#5 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/owncloud\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/BackgroundJob\\\/JobList.php(325): OC\\\\DB\\\\QueryBuilder\\\\QueryBuilder->execute()\\n#6 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/owncloud\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/BackgroundJob\\\/Job.php(66): OC\\\\BackgroundJob\\\\JobList->setExecutionTime(Object(OC\\\\Log\\\\Rotate), 0)\\n#7 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/owncloud\\\/cron.php(121): OC\\\\BackgroundJob\\\\Job->execute(Object(OC\\\\BackgroundJob\\\\JobList), Object(OC\\\\Log))\\n#8 {main}\",\"File\":\"\\\/var\\\/www\\\/owncloud\\\/lib\\\/composer\\\/doctrine\\\/dbal\\\/lib\\\/Doctrine\\\/DBAL\\\/Driver\\\/AbstractMySQLDriver.php\",\"Line\":71}"}
{"reqId":"eH5dxW5iy87B0mJBWSWB","level":3,"time":"2018-06-20T16:35:01+08:00","remoteAddr":"","user":"--","app":"core","method":"--","url":"--","message":"Error while running background job (class: OC\\Authentication\\Token\\DefaultTokenCleanupJob, arguments: ): {\"Exception\":\"Doctrine\\\\DBAL\\\\Exception\\\\InvalidFieldNameException\",\"Message\":\"An exception occurred while executing 'UPDATE `oc_jobs` SET `execution_duration` = ? WHERE `id` = ?' with params [0, \\\"13\\\"]:\\n\\nSQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column 'execution_duration' in 'field list'\",\"Code\":0,\"Trace\":\"#0 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/owncloud\\\/lib\\\/composer\\\/doctrine\\\/dbal\\\/lib\\\/Doctrine\\\/DBAL\\\/DBALException.php(128): Doctrine\\\\DBAL\\\\Driver\\\\AbstractMySQLDriver->convertException('An exception oc...', Object(Doctrine\\\\DBAL\\\\Driver\\\\PDOException))\\n#1 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/owncloud\\\/lib\\\/composer\\\/doctrine\\\/dbal\\\/lib\\\/Doctrine\\\/DBAL\\\/Connection.php(1015): Doctrine\\\\DBAL\\\\DBALException::driverExceptionDuringQuery(Object(Doctrine\\\\DBAL\\\\Driver\\\\PDOMySql\\\\Driver), Object(Doctrine\\\\DBAL\\\\Driver\\\\PDOException), 'UPDATE `oc_jobs...', Array)\\n#2 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/owncloud\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/DB\\\/Connection.php(210): Doctrine\\\\DBAL\\\\Connection->executeUpdate('UPDATE `oc_jobs...', Array, Array)\\n#3 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/owncloud\\\/lib\\\/composer\\\/doctrine\\\/dbal\\\/lib\\\/Doctrine\\\/DBAL\\\/Query\\\/QueryBuilder.php(208): OC\\\\DB\\\\Connection->executeUpdate('UPDATE `oc_jobs...', Array, Array)\\n#4 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/owncloud\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/DB\\\/QueryBuilder\\\/QueryBuilder.php(141): Doctrine\\\\DBAL\\\\Query\\\\QueryBuilder->execute()\\n#5 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/owncloud\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/BackgroundJob\\\/JobList.php(325): OC\\\\DB\\\\QueryBuilder\\\\QueryBuilder->execute()\\n#6 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/owncloud\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/BackgroundJob\\\/Job.php(66): OC\\\\BackgroundJob\\\\JobList->setExecutionTime(Object(OC\\\\Authentication\\\\Token\\\\DefaultTokenCleanupJob), 0)\\n#7 \\\/var\\\/www\\\/owncloud\\\/cron.php(121): OC\\\\BackgroundJob\\\\Job->execute(Object(OC\\\\BackgroundJob\\\\JobList), Object(OC\\\\Log))\\n#8 {main}\",\"File\":\"\\\/var\\\/www\\\/owncloud\\\/lib\\\/composer\\\/doctrine\\\/dbal\\\/lib\\\/Doctrine\\\/DBAL\\\/Driver\\\/AbstractMySQLDriver.php\",\"Line\":71}"}

Hey,

looks like the update from your earlier version to the current version is not supported — or at least it does not work because the database structure isn’t the update script expects.

At this point I’d try to take your non-UCS installation, try to update that to the same Owncloud version that’s available on UCS. If the update fails outside of UCS, you should seek help in the Owncloud forums (as that hasn’t got anything to do with UCS yet). If the update outside of UCS succeeds, then take a new database dump and transfer it back to the UCS app again.

m.

Yah. Curious though as the previous owncloud appliance was running on Ubuntu and this time they made it into univention… which makes it tricky to do an upgrade or migration :frowning:

Mastodon