Owncloud app - domain user can't login

Hello,
i installed the appliance distribution and i’m using it in intranet configuration. The domain setup is “Manage users and permissions directly on this system”.
I can login to owncloud app using owncloud user but i can’t login using a domain user i created and enabled to use app owncloud.

Could you help me to fix this issue?

Regards
Luigi Florio

You need to integrate it with UCS… It goes something like this:

1. You need to login to the WebUI of OwnCloud w/owncloud admin account (owncloud)
  2. Go to Settings > User Authentication…
    a. Provide server name. It should be a publicly reachable DNS/FQDN entry
    b. Hit detect port. Should come back with 7389 (ldap)
    c. Provide CN name where the docker can be found.
    d. Provide container password.
    e. Provide base name where all objects w/in AD can be reached.
    You will need to adjust User query, login attributes, etc… Once you hit the right combination, you will be able to login with AD/ldap user accounts.

My experience: sometimes you will need to manually set the container password w/in ldap. It’s automatically generated during install and it’s suppose to already be plugged in, but then again, you wouldn’t be dealing with this issue in the first place.

Thanks mindaugas for the promt reply.
The owncloud version i’m using is 10.3.1.1 and the WebUI is different.
In the meanwhile I defined database users and i could logon with these account .

Hello @lflorio,

when you use the ownCloud App Appliance, either downloaded from owncloud.com or from the Univention website, the resulting virtual machine is already setup to use the UCS directory service for user management. Did you have a look at /var/log/univention/appcenter.log and /var/log/univention/join.log for some warning or error entries?

Best regards,
Nico

Hello @gulden,

thanks for your interest.
File appcenter is empty.
About join.log i searched for string “w:” ignoring case and i think the main issue is the following one:
W: The config registry variable ‘uuid/license’ does not exist
Also some config registry values for portal objects don’t exist.
W: The config registry variable ‘ucs/web/overview/entries/admin/umc/icon’ does not exist
W: The config registry variable ‘ucs/web/overview/entries/admin/umc/link’ does not exist
W: The config registry variable ‘ucs/web/overview/entries/admin/umc/link/de’ does not exist
W: The config registry variable ‘ucs/web/overview/entries/admin/umc/priority’ does not exist
W: The config registry variable ‘ucs/web/overview/entries/admin/umc/label’ does not exist
W: The config registry variable ‘ucs/web/overview/entries/admin/umc/label/de’ does not exist
W: The config registry variable ‘ucs/web/overview/entries/admin/umc/description’ does not exist
W: The config registry variable ‘ucs/web/overview/entries/admin/umc/description/de’ does not exist

About error entries they are related to univention-directory-notifier.serviceJob and univention-directory-manager but it’s hard to find root cause and i can’t upload the logs .

Regards
Luigi

Mastodon