OpenProject 13.3.0 causes error 500: The single-table inheritance mechanism failed to locate the subclass: 'ProjectRole'

Dear UCS community,

For unknown reasons and after a while of working with OpenProject with previous App Center releases, I encountered error 500 to be thrown onto the screen when accessing particular pages while being logged on. When not logged on, the login screen does not even appear, instead you receive also an error 500.

The OpenProject log file reports:

root@ucs:~# univention-app logs openproject
E, [2024-02-28T12:56:07.372479 #302] ERROR -- : user=5 The single-table inheritance mechanism failed to locate the subclass: 'ProjectRole'. This error is raised because the column 'type' is reserved for storing the class in case of inheritance. Please rename this column if you didn't intend it to be used for storing the inheritance class or overwrite Role.inheritance_column to use another column for that information.: The single-table inheritance mechanism failed to locate the subclass: 'ProjectRole'. This error is raised because the column 'type' is reserved for storing the class in case of inheritance. Please rename this column if you didn't intend it to be used for storing the inheritance class or overwrite Role.inheritance_column to use another column for that information.
I, [2024-02-28T12:56:07.478276 #302]  INFO -- : Completed 500 Internal Server Error in 181ms (Views: 95.4ms | ActiveRecord: 23.0ms | Allocations: 53760)

Does anybody has a hint? Also de-installing the App and re-installing the App again did not resolve the issue, as the OpenProject database seems to remain untouched in this case.

Thanks a lot,
Peter

Further log files are posted here.

I am also experiencing this issue, you have an idea how to fix it?
Best, Jarich

My workaround for now is to fall back to version 13.2.0. Simply uninstall OpenProject 13.3.0 an install the previous version via the shell:

univention-app install openproject=13.2.0

The stored data seem to remain intact, at least prima facie.

1 Like

I can report that updating from 13.2.0 to 13.4.1 worked, no problems encountered.

Mastodon