OnlyOffice Integration Edition / AppCenter

Hi,
a customer from us just bought the integration edition of OnlyOffice.
At the moment he has the AppCenter-Docker-Container in use.

I got a license key from OnlyOffice.
Can I just put it in the Docker container and restart it?
I would have to do that every time the docker container gets updated, which wouldn’t be too bad, but I guess it’s not that easy.

If I need to download a complete new container, which steps are necessary to make it run like before?
I guess I need to uninstall the UCS-App before, right?

Thanks,
Roland.

Hi again,

I did some research - it’s a completely different container, so I need to do something different.

This is the container, which is running now:

d769b1084984        docker.software-univention.de/onlyoffice-ds:5.2.4.94   "/bin/sh -c /app/o..."   2 months ago        Up 6 weeks          80/tcp, 0.0.0.0:5443->443/tcp                   heuristic_lewin

This is the installation command from the OnlyOffice documentation:

docker run -i -t -d -p 80:80 --restart=always \
    -v /app/onlyoffice/DocumentServer/logs:/var/log/onlyoffice  \
    -v /app/onlyoffice/DocumentServer/data:/var/www/onlyoffice/Data  \
    -v /app/onlyoffice/DocumentServer/lib:/var/lib/onlyoffice \
    -v /app/onlyoffice/DocumentServer/db:/var/lib/postgresql  onlyoffice/documentserver-ie

So, I guess I need to write the port mapping like that: (?)

docker run -i -t -d -p 80:80,5443:443 --restart=always \
    -v ?? : ??  \
    -v ?? : ??  onlyoffice/documentserver-ie

Which mount points do I need?

If I uninstall the UCS-App I will lose some of the configuration done by Univention, which works now. I don’t want that.
One the other hand, if I just stop the old container and start the new one which the correct mount points, I will get some problems, when the system is being upgraded or even restarted.

Any suggestions?

TIA,
Roland.

Hi Roland,
with

docker inspect d769b1084984

you can see the details of the container from Univention including all volumes. That should give you the directories you need to mount into the other image.
Still I would do a backup of these directories before starting the other container.

BR,
Jörn

the following text is part of the app description:

After installation ONLYOFFICE Community edition is installed with this app, limited to 20 sessions. If you want to increase the number of sessions, please obtain ONLYOFFICE Integration Edition via ‘Buy now’ .

Therefore I would expect that you can also run the commercial edition of onlyoffice on univention (without the need to remove the app and run the container directly). Maybe @ngulden can clarify.

Thanks, docker inspect is useful :slight_smile:

It would be nice to have an UCS-approved solution for that.
I pressed the “Buy” button, but it only asked me “How many connections” and there is no “I have a license already” :frowning:

Wouldn’t it be enough to tell UCS to use onlyoffice-ie instead of onlyoffice-ds?
The name of the container is not an UCR variable though.

Hello @roland.gsell,

after I saw your posting yesterday, I got directly in contact with ONLYOFFICE. My expectation is to take the license file, place it on the server and then the app works as ONLYOFFICE Integration Edition.

With that goal in mind I discuss it with ONLYOFFICE and hope for an update of the app. Unfortunately, this probably will not be an immediate solution.

Since you have the Integration Edition, I suggest to get in contact with the ONLYOFFICE support.

Best regards,
Nico

Nico, Thanks, we will try to find a work around as soon as possible.
@roland.gsell

At the moment I would recommend to put the file into /var/lib/univention-appcenter/apps/onlyoffice-ds/Data
There is no need to restart the container.
The DocumentServer will work in the activated mode (with connection limitats according to your license)
We are currently discussing how we could easily switch to documentserver-ie (a difference in the interfaces remains even after activating the product with your license file)

1 Like

Hello, I also bought the ONLYOFFICE Integration Edition. I would like to unlock them in USC.

Is there a way to install and integrate the onlyoffice / documentserver-ie docker. The previous variant (onlyoffice-ds + key) does not activate the mobile editor.

thanks

Björn

Hallo,

ich habe das selbe Problem wie vratislav.

Gibt es eine Lösung für den mobilen Editor ?

Gruss
Srohde

Mastodon