Office365 Connector und DynDNS und eine Subdomain

Hallo und schönen Guten Abend,
ich sitze jetzt schon einige Zeit an einem Problem, wo ich einfach nicht mehr weiter komme.
Aktuell versuche ich eine Domaine über eine Subdomain mit dem Office365 Connector zu verbinden.
Doch habe ich hier so meine Problem bekommen.

Wie kann ich den Office365 Connector über eine Subdomain mit Microsoft verbinden?

Ich bekomme alles soweit hin bis ich dann das SSO Skript laufen lassen möchte und das läuft nie durch ohne einen Fehler.

Fehler:

Asking for Azure Administator credentials
Set-MsolDomainAuthentication : Unable to change the authentication type of this domain because it is a subdomain. To
change the authentication type of this subdomain, use the Get-MsolDomain cmdlet to find the root domain and then
change the root domain authentication type.

Wie kann ich diesen Fehler lösen? Was muss ich genau tun ?

Ich wäre Euch über jegliche Hilfe dazu sehr dankbar.

Gruß
Marcus

Hello and good evening,
I’ve been working on a problem for some time now, where I just can’t get any further.
Currently I am trying to connect a domain via a subdomain with the Office365 Connector.
But I have got my problems here.

How can I connect the Office365 Connector via a subdomain with Microsoft?

I get everything working so far until I then want to run the SSO script and that never runs through without an error.

Error:

Asking for Azure Administator credentials
Set-MsolDomainAuthentication : Unable to change the authentication type of this domain because it is a subdomain. To
change the authentication type of this subdomain, use the Get-MsolDomain cmdlet to find the root domain and then
change the root domain authentication type.

How can I solve this error? What exactly do I have to do ?

I would be very grateful for any help on this.

Greetings
Marcus

I cannot test it by myself, but found this
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/enterprise-users/domains-verify-custom-subdomain

Maybe it helps.

@hidalgo

Thank you I have already looked at that too. But unfortunately I didn’t get anything out of it. I have been able to narrow down the error and have determined that I need to upgrade the SubDomain. But I just can not do that at the moment. Either I get the error that I have to do the downgrade or I get the error that I have to do it from a computer that is trusted. But that’s where my problem lies, to set it up correctly.

So I find it all very opaque and difficult to understand.

Can’t I also upgrade a subdomain via the Azure website? Unfortunately, I have not found anything yet.

Hallo in die Runde,
hat keiner genauso wie ich ein Problem mit diesen Connector?

Wenn ich doch nur wüsste was ich noch machen muss, damit das endlich läuft.

Hello to all,
Doesn’t anyone else have a problem with this connector like I do?

If only I knew what I had to do to finally get it working.

Hi,
it doesnt look to me that this is an issue specific to the MS365-connector in UCS. Rather to a step which is using plain Windows Powershell (Set-MsolDomainAuthentication) to establish the connection to Azure.
Personally I would agree that this is not easy to understand, but there is nothing we can change in UCS or at Univention.
The link @hidalgo has posted looks promising. There may be a way to do that directly in Azure, but you may have better chances when asking in a Windows/Azure-forum. (I`d omit the mention that you want to connect UCS to Azure, its unrelated to the problem and you’ll risk that someone states “unsupported” just because of stupidity).

hth,
Dirk

Mastodon