Odoo, Master Password to create DB?

hello everyone,

i have oddo installed on my ucs 4.4.1. The login with the user admin and the password:

/var/lib/univention-appcenter/apps/odoo/data/password

works. Where can I find the master password to create a new database?

best regards
Sven

Hi,

I am not completely sure what you mean. The master password for postgresql does not exist. Just do su - postgres as root and then you can alter anything within psql.

There is a master password for odoo itself, however. You can find it in /var/lib/univention-appcenter/apps/odoo/data/conf/dbpasswd. Is this what you meant? As far as I understand it, it protects the online database manager of Odoo. Not sure if you can create a new database without going through psql, though.

Kind regards,
Dirk

I open:
http://erp.gehr.lan:8069/web/login

select “Manage database” -> Create

enter the master password (/var/lib/univention-appcenter/apps/odoo/data/conf/dbpasswd)

and filled out the remaining fields. Then I get the error:

Database creation error: ERROR: no permission to create database

Same error, exists there any solution?

By default, Odoo stores it’s master password in the configuration file of the Odoo instance.

I would do the following. Please note, this instruction is generic and not UCS specific.

Locate Odoo confguration file:

find / -name *odoo*.conf

Print the master password:

cat *odoo*.conf | grep admin_passwd

Got the same error.

I can delete and backup with the db pasword found in the odoo.conf. But when I try to create, import or duplicate it says: “Database creation error: permission denied to create database”

Follow these steps for a solution:

• Go to the Univention CLI
  • sudo su postgres
  • psql
  • ALTER USER odoo WITH CREATEDB;
  • Try to create the db once again

Hope it helps someone.
Cheers,
Steven

1 Like

I have evaluated another ERP in the meantime. But it will result in Odoo.
I tested the procedure and it worked.
Thanks a lot

But what does not work is the connection to the UCS users. I have activated Odoo (App) in a user in UCS but I can’t login to Odoo with this user. Neither with the username nor with the primary mail address.

Does anybody have an idea about this?

i can login to Odoo with the mail address and password i entered when creating the database and i will be Odoo-Admin. With the “normal” UCS users it does not work.

Furthermore I noticed that Odoo is only accessible via HTTP and not via HTTPS. How can I activate HTTPS?

1 Like
Mastodon