O365 Connector - MS Apps & Programme

Short english summary: Can synced O365 accounts login to MS Apps like OneDrive, Teams, Outlook etc? And if, how is the process handled?
Answers in english kindly appreciated :slight_smile:

Hallo Zusammen,

wir sind am Ãœberlegen, unsere Groupware von Kopano + Nextcloud auf Office 365 umzuziehen.
Der UCS soll jedoch aufgrund weiterer Apps weiter betrieben werden. Somit macht der O365 Connector Sinn um ein zentrales Usermanagement zu haben.

Jedoch stellt sich mir eine Frage: Können synchronisierte O365 Nutzer sich bei Mobil & Desktop Apps von Microsoft eg. Teams, Outlook, OneDrive etc. anmelden und diese nutzen?

Soweit ich gelesen habe, funktioniert der Login mit SSO über den UCS. Soweit klar, es werden keine Passwörter zu MS übertragen. Wenn ich jetzt jedoch eine App (beispielsweise unter Android) benutze und versuche, mich mit dem O365 Account anzumelden, wie läuft der Prozess dann ab?
Werde ich zum Login auf das UCS Portal geleitet?

Ich habe bis jetzt dazu noch keine Informationen gefunden, denke aber, dass das durchaus für viele UCS Admins interessant sein könnte.

Vielen Dank für die Mühe!

Okay folks,
I’ll just answer myself as I configured the UCS O365 connector now.

All MS Apps can be used without any problems. If you try to login, you’ll get redirected to your ucs-sso.domain.tld, authenticate against the UCS and get redirected to your destination.
Tested with Tems and OneDrive on Android.

Hello Emilfelix,

I see you configured the M365 connector successfully and still have the opportunity to log into the Office Desktop Apps. I managed to configure the M365 Connector successfully as well but I can only log in via Web where I get redirected to the UCS login window. When I try it on the app I’ll get a network error. Imgur: The magic of the Internet
I looked up the error message but only find solutions for fixing network problems like unstable internet connection or wrong credentials. Thats not the fact. Credentials work in web and the connection is good though like I mentioned → web does work. Do you have any recommendations or does anyone know what to do?

Thank You in advance

Hi kel,
as you might have seen the thread is ~5 years old. Our setup changed since then and I’m not into the topic of o365 connectors anymore.
You might want to open a new thread here on the forum.
Good luck!
/Felix

Mastodon