Nextcloud won't reinstall after uninstall

I had nextcloud fail on update via the portal, it was stuck in maintenance mode, so I changed the config.php to it then said unsupported upgrade path. I thought ok, I have all the data, it’d be easier to uninstall then reinstall than to try to fumble through and fix what’s broken. I did the uninstall, leaving the data, and now when I try to install nextcloud via the portal, it aborts and won’t install.

At this point, I don’t know how to fix without wiping the system and starting over. I am somewhat new to linux, and the fact that a portal installation/upgrade fails so miserably that it broke the main point of this particular system is very frustrating. I just want to fix it without having to reinstall the whole thing.

I have a short window in which I can try to fix this…i.e. a couple of weeks, otherwise, I’ll be starting from absolute scratch.

I figured it out, I had to remove everything manually, especially the database, and manually run the following from root console:

univention-app remove nextcloud
Then removed the docker directory as stated in the output.

Next I had to drop the database:
su -c "psql -c" drop database nextcloud" - postgres && su -c "dropuser nextcloud" - postgres

Then I had to reinstall:
univention-app install nextcloud

Next, I had to run this:
univention-run-join-scripts --ask-pass

Then:

univention-app shell nextcloud
apt-get update && apt-get install nano
nano /var/www/html/config/config.php

Edited to allow direct ip connections from remote locations.

This was unfortunate to have to go through to fix. Hopefully others won’t need to do this in the future.

Mastodon