Nexctcloud did not survive update to UCS5

Hello, I recently did the upgrade of my UCS Server to Version 5. It was difficult, because the update claimed a not compatible App (nagios) that really was never installed (by me). After upgrading without check the update went throug to Version 5.0.0. After that I was not able to reach the nextcloud Website and found that nextcloud was not listed under “installed apps” (but I still had a running docker). Trying to reinstall ended firstly with a question on what server to install and then after upgrade to 5.0.2 with some other error i just can’t remember. Believing I just can’t access the Nextcloud page I inserted the reverse Proxy lines in /etc/apache2/sites-available/default-ssl.conf (copied from a backup) but this ended in some ssl errors. But: suddenly the installation of nextcloud ran through, perhaps because of the reverse proxy?
Now I have a running and accessible nextcloud, but no one can login except nc_admin and my user who had 2FA enabled and some Backupcodes. So nextcloud has no connection to the ldap I think, because the joinscript 50nextcloud can’ succeed. The log shows:

RUNNING 50nextcloud.inst
2022-08-13 07:51:06.684989566+02:00 (in joinscript_init)
Object exists: cn=services,cn=univention,dc=labor,dc=tny
Object exists: cn=Nextcloud Hub,cn=services,cn=univention,dc=labor,dc=tny
WARNING: cannot append Nextcloud Hub to service, value exists
No modification: cn=ucs,cn=dc,cn=computers,dc=labor,dc=tny
Not updating nextcloud/ucs/modifyUsersFilter
Not updating nextcloud/ucs/userEnabled
Not updating nextcloud/ucs/userQuota
Not updating nextcloud/ucs/debug
Not updating nextcloud/ldap/cacheTTL
Not updating nextcloud/ldap/homeFolderAttribute
Not updating nextcloud/ldap/userSearchAttributes
Not updating nextcloud/ldap/userDisplayName
Not updating nextcloud/ldap/groupDisplayName
Not updating nextcloud/ldap/base
Not updating nextcloud/ldap/baseUsers
Not updating nextcloud/ldap/baseGroups
Not updating nextcloud/ldap/filterLogin
Not updating nextcloud/ldap/filterUsers
Not updating nextcloud/ldap/filterGroups
LDAP Error: No such object

EXITCODE=1
36a29093-e00b-45da-9d94-90be1350eb8c
univention-join-hooks: looking for hook type “join/post-joinscripts” on ucs.labor.tny
Found hooks:

Sa 13. Aug 07:51:10 CEST 2022
univention-run-join-scripts finished

Does anyone has an idea of how to fix this?
Thanks in advance
regards
thoenny

Investigating the script 50nextcloud.inst I found out, the error appears in the function nextcloud_configure_saml. So I commented it away and the script ran through without further errors. After the script was done, all users can login again, but I had to reinstall and reconfigure the 2FA app in nextcloud. Also all nextcloud clients have to reconnect.
I hope all will be fine :slight_smile:

thoenny

Mastodon