New Server 5.0 issues

Hello everybody,

i upgraded my old test system but it got corrupted after the update.
Then i did a fresh install, upgraded this one and even there are some problems.
Web access /univention/umc just shows a blank page (/univention/management is use able but i had to type it manually).
The owncloud app works but shows “license needed” and also the market does not work (No marketplace connection: Client error response [url] https://marketplace.owncloud.com/api/v1/categories.json [status code] 403 [reason phrase] Forbidden)

Are those known problems?

Kind regards
Andreas

The portal issue with management access has been reported on the forums along with issues trying to edit the portal. I have not yet seen any response from Univention so I don’t know if there is any fix coming soon.

My first test upgrade also had issues, but I think it might have been related to local DNS issues. When I tried my home server which did not use an internal only intranet domain, I was able to upgrade successfully except for the portal issues.

I think there was some other reports of owncloud issues on this forum as well, but I use nextcloud so I have not paid close attention to those.

I currently don’t recommend an upgrade to version 5 for any of my consulting clients that use UCS as I would not want to risk it on a production system at this point. There were some new updates just recently but I haven’t had a chance to see what if any difference they make yet.

1 Like
Mastodon