Mount shares on ubuntu client

Ich benutze paedml und möchte ubuntu Clients in das Netz aufnehmen. Per univention-domain-join konnte ich die clients erfolgreich anbinden, nun sollen die Nutzer ihre “home”-Verzeichnisse automatisch eingebunden bekommen. Wie kann das gehen?

In English in case that helps:
I’m using paedml and want to add ubuntu clients to my network. I successfully joined the domain via univention-domain-join. How can I automount users’ home folder shares?

ich mache das in einer normalen (nicht school version) von UCS mithilfe von pam-mount und dem Eintrag <volume fstype="cifs" server="ucs.server.intern" options="vers=3.0" path="ck" mountpoint="~/home"> <not><user>root</user></not> <not><user>sddm</user></not> </volume>
in der /etc/security/pam_mount.conf.xml (wobei path der username ist und damit das default home vom ucs user angesprochen wird.

weis aber nicht ob das auch in der school version geht !

Hi, you may also want to check the last few comments on this thread:

Thank you @damrose and @externa1. I should have mentioned that I had seen the wiki entry before but it didn’t work. After some more testing I figured I was missing the cifs-tools package to actually mount the share. I had it all set up correctly but was failing to mount. So far so good.

Now the next problem is to actually use the share as the home directory proper. No extra mounted directory but just the share as the home directory. Is that possible?

Ok, seems possible if mount point is “~/” but then the Files App hangs in ubuntu once the home folder is mounted. I can access the files just fine via Terminal

You mean that? https://deepdoc.at/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=server_und_serverdienste:automount_von_sambalaufwerken_beim_login_-_inkl._kerberos_und_nomachine_terminalserver#setzten_der_pam_mountconfxml

The last line mounts the Users Home Directory on “~/MYHOME”.

Yes, that. If I mount it elsewhere it works. It doesn’t work when mounted as ~/

Interesting is that a user who hasn’t logged in into a windows machine gets a template folder with different windows home folder templates. Not sure what happens when that user logs into a windows machine afterwards.

Mastodon