Missing webmeetings server information

Numerous Spreed technologies including Spreed.ME mobile app expect the STUN and TURN configs when requesting config.

I noticed from the weblogs that you can reproduce the issue with
curl -k https://[server URL]/webmeetings/api/v1/config

{
“Title”: “(custom name) Web Meetings”,
“S”: “static/ver=0295”,
“B”: “/webmeetings/”,
“Token”: “(removed)”,
“Renegotiation”: false,
"StunURIs": [],
“TurnURIs”: [
“turn:(servernameandport)?transport=udp”
],
“TurnUsername”: “”,
“TurnPassword”: “”,
“Tokens”: false,
“Version”: “0.29.5”,
“UsersEnabled”: false,
“UsersAllowRegistration”: false,
“UsersMode”: “sharedsecret”,
“DefaultRoomEnabled”: true,
“Plugin”: “/webapp/plugins/spreedwebrtc/php/AngularPluginWrapper.php”,
“AuthorizeRoomCreation”: true,
“AuthorizeRoomJoin”: true,
“Modules”: [
“screensharing”,
“youtube”,
“presentation”,
“roomlocking”
],
“RoomNameCaseSensitive”: false

My question – where do you change the STUN details that get returned here? They are set in the config registry already. I’ve combed the server and can’t seem to find the line of code where the kopano-meetings server is looking for this and failing, etc.

Please reply with details of how to fix this. I’d like to get a mobile app working.

Hi @kopanogobigred,

the Kopano Webmeetings app is not compatible with the webmeetings app released by spreed, or rather the authentication used is not compatible. In our case the TURN information are injected by the AngularPluginWrapper.php script.

Please be aware that the current WebMeetings app will be discontinued in the following months and be replaced with the new “Kopano Meet”. Apart from a more modern code base one of the benefits is that you no longer depend on apps provided by appstores to make use of it on mobile devices.

If you set the users setting in webmeetings config to “false” rather than true the Spreed.me app will work with the existing webmeetings. Not the best solution, but a working option Spreed.me provides details on.

What should we expect when the new “Kopano Meet” comes out? Just hoping to avoid surprises.

Will the URLs remain the same or will they change, etc.

The focus of my question here though … is what needs to be changed (and where) to fix the STUN data being returned right now.

I see a file here:
/usr/share/kopano-webapp/plugins/spreedwebrtc/php/AngularPluginWrapper.php

What needs to be modified. The config file returned by the api v1 config url does not contain a STUN server even though I have one listed in my configuration

We’re currently finalising the UCS app, but you can already install it on other platforms. See https://meet-app.io/ for more information

Urls will be different.

I can’t say, That is outside of what our app is supposed to do.

How soon will we see the Kopano Meets release for UCS?

Will the two systems be able to co-exist or will customers have to remove one to install the other? Etc.

1 Like

If I would be able to give a concrete date I would have already done so above.

Both apps should be able to coexist.

That’s good.

Let me know if you would like another set of eyes on a package you’re thinking about releasing. I’ve made my lab environment purposely complex. Multiple layers of NAT, many users, etc. It lines up with some of the nonsense that often shows up in production scenarios.

BTW – will remote control be possible through Meets?

Unfortunately (or luckily?) the sandbox security model of the browser makes it impossible to control a computer from within a tab.

that is very unfortunate. It makes the tool useful for true interaction, collaboration, and even support.

Mastodon