Migration of Kopano to a new Server

HI all,

I’m need to migrate my Kopano System to a new Server. At this point it runs on a Backup DC. The current Domain doesn’t sync properly between the Master DC and the Backup DC. I will start with a freshly installed system. I have built up a new DC and installed Kopano core on it Added all needed users. This system works great.
Now I want to migrate the Kopano Data from the old system to the new one.
As of I have some difficulties on the DC. - This is not the topic here.
It seems to me that the easiest way to migrate the data by doing a SQL dump and coping all the needed data into the new Server.

I have created a dump file.
Copied the dump file and the database file from the old server to the new one. Imported the dump file and restarted mysql.
And it fails.
I end up with:

/var/lib/mysql# systemctl status mysql.service
● mysql.service - LSB: Start and stop the mysql database server daemon
Loaded: loaded (/etc/init.d/mysql)
Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Di 2018-02-27 17:37:04 CET; 17s ago
Process: 15905 ExecStop=/etc/init.d/mysql stop (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
Process: 15947 ExecStart=/etc/init.d/mysql start (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

Feb 27 17:37:04 tre-ucs-mail mysql[15947]: Starting MySQL database server: mysqld . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . failed!
Feb 27 17:37:04 tre-ucs-mail systemd[1]: mysql.service: control process exited, code=exited status=1
Feb 27 17:37:04 tre-ucs-mail systemd[1]: Failed to start LSB: Start and stop the mysql database server daemon.
Feb 27 17:37:04 tre-ucs-mail systemd[1]: Unit mysql.service entered failed state.

I have no idea how I can resolve the issue.

Since the goal is to import into a new DC (and therefore new unique user IDs) it may be more fruitful to migrate data using kopano-backup. Since uuids have changed, stores need to be rehooked and acls and opened stores will be gone.

As for the Mysql error message: the syslog or the Mysql logging should contain more clues as to the reason of the failed start.

Thanks for your thoughts.
Somtimes you don’t see the solution right in front of you.
kopano-backup was the tool I was looking for.

And the mysql issuse are not more relevant because I don’t need to move the DB-

Thanks
Stephan

Mastodon