The previous IT guys were not that good.
I have a collection of offices , each with their own AD server (win 2008 SP2)
names such as AD.local, Ad.hk01.business.com etc.
These are big businesses with significant number of users & file shares using the AD, scrap & re-implement is NOT an option.
Rename active MS AD servers is not an option, it is far too messy.
we plan to have a forest server as “org.company.com”
to get all these AD servers merged we were planning.
- setup DUMMY master “company.com”
- join all MS servers to that.
- bring in invention server “org.company.com”
- bring in subtree UV servers. "US01-CN01
- use the “move” functionality to move all relevant users/ groups/settings from each of the old servers to this master & office slaves.
(yes we know the client login will change, but user id’s will be preserved)
- delegate the “org.company.com” as the new master
- remove master “company.com”
or is there an easier way?