Meet - could not connect to server - check internet connection

Hi,
we are faced with a problem with kopano-meet. Since the SSL Certificate CA Issue of Letsencrypt our kopano-meet (via UCS) does not work.

We can login normally (SSO), but are unable to use it for videoconferencing.

Only error we get in the preview-window “could not connect to server - check internet connection”.

So we reached out to our support-company. They told us, that the issue is caused by the above mentioned Letsencrypt - CA in connection with the turnserver of kopano-meet and that there is no solution for this problem at the moment.

I am wondering whether no kopano-meet installation is working on the whole world when using the kopano-turn-server?

Have you any hints about that? Are you also facing the problem?

Thanks a lot!

Crosspost: https://forum.kopano.io/topic/3886/kopano-meet-down-for-days-cause-of-letsencrypt-ca-issue

sorry, I thought that Kopano-Meet in connection with UCS is “some kind of different” to Kopano-Meet “without” UCS.

Just updated the UCS Server (with Meet) to 4.4-8 errata1067 and updated all packages except the OpenID Connect Provider: Version 1.0-konnect-0.23.3 (cause 2.0 is making troubles, we were told).

The problem persists.

Turn-Server is: https://ucs-turn.kopano.com/turnserverauth/

It seems like you all don’t have this problem?

Is this issue related to the turn server of kopano we use?

I don’t use Kopano, but there were issues with the LE cert and in another thread on this forum there was a workaround posted with a manual edit to the problematic cert. As far as I know this issue has not been corrected with a UCS update yet. I have no info on whether or not UCS is working on it, but the work around fixed the issue I was having with a different application that used a LE issued cert.

Try a search for system diagnostic invalid certificate and see if that thread helps.

Hi,

do you mean this one: System diagnostic suddenly gives me: Found invalid certificate '/etc/univention/letsencrypt/signed_chain.crt'

Yes. The marked solution is what I did on my server. After replacing the cert manually I was able to get the browser to connect successfully.

Hi,
I think we are talking about different problems. I try to explain the problem again.

We are able to log in to kopano-meet. We also can create a call. But we are unable to start the call cause we get a red message at the top of the kopano-meet window in the browser which says "Failed to connect to server. Check your internet connection. This message appears as soon as kopano-meet opens.

It looks like this

failed_conn_kopano

Beside of that we are not having the directory “letsencrypt” on our UCS installation. (the path which is mentioned in the linked thread does not exist)

Thx.

Mastodon