MDM Plugin Kopano

Is there some one out in the comunity who uses the Kopano MDM Plugin successfully?

I tried the actual version

# dpkg -l | grep mdm
ii  kopano-webapp-plugin-mdm                   2.1.0.66+19.1

But as some others described and as I can see here not everione is able to activate new folders.

I asking my self, are there any pre work which we should do or should it run out of the box.

Here the packages status:

ii  kopano4ucs-z-push                                   1.3.5-0                          
ii  z-push-backend-kopano                               2.4.0+0-0                             
ii  z-push-common                                       2.4.0+0-0                                
ii  z-push-config-apache                                2.4.0+0-0               
ii  z-push-ipc-sharedmemory                             2.4.0+0-0  
ii  z-push-kopano                                       2.4.0+0-0  
ii  z-push-kopano-gabsync                               2.4.0+0-0

ii  kopano-server                                       8.4.5.0-0+33.2  
ii  kopano-webapp                                       3.3.0.610-25.1  

After a problem whit z-push we use now the orginal kopano source for z-push, the kopano4ucs-z-push package is irritating me.

Best Carmen

The better reference to link to is probably https://forum.kopano.io/topic/394/mdm-2-1-beta-2-now-available/26.

My current testsystem has the following packages installed

$ dpkg -l | grep 'z-push\|mdm\|kopano-server'
ii  kopano-server                                       8.6.0.7-0+19.1                                 amd64        Server component for Kopano Core
ii  kopano-server-packages                              8.6.0.7-0+19.1                                 all          Metapackage to install the entire Kopano Core stack
ii  kopano-webapp-plugin-mdm                            2.1.0.66+19.1                                  all          Kopano WebApp MDM plugin
ii  kopano4ucs-z-push                                   1.3.18                                         all          Meta package for Z-Push installation
ii  z-push-backend-kopano                               2.4.1.beta0+0-0                                all          Z-Push Kopano backend
ii  z-push-common                                       2.4.1.beta0+0-0                                all          open source implementation of the ActiveSync protocol
ii  z-push-config-apache                                2.4.1.beta0+0-0                                all          Z-Push apache configuration
ii  z-push-ipc-sharedmemory                             2.4.1.beta0+0-0                                all          Z-Push ipc shared memory provider
ii  z-push-kopano                                       2.4.1.beta0+0-0                                all          Z-Push for Kopano
ii  z-push-kopano-gabsync                               2.4.1.beta0+0-0                                all          GAB sync for Kopano

but the one that should matter here is the kopano-webapp-plugin-mdm package. With this setup I am able to setup shared folders in WebApp, see them on my mobile, and also uncheck shared folders in webapp.

If you continue to have problems with this it could be worthwhile to to get in touch with our support so we could figure out what is different on your system.

Thank you @fbartels to whom is should write?

I upgraded the system now to usc 4.3 but this bug is still present.

Will be great if some one else here from the ucs users can confirm working/ not working of the mdm plugin.

to my best knowledge @externa1 is also using UCS. The output posted by me was from a UCS 4.2 system (forgot to add that).

Support option for Kopano are listed at https://kopano.com/support/

Hi Felix,

what about the differnet kopano4ucs versions ckraut 1.3.5 mine is 1.3.10 and yours is 1.3.18 why that ?

are the kopano repos for ucs 4.3 on the way ?

i still have z-push and webapp on older releases now

rg
Christian

ii  kopano-server                                       8.5.5.0-0+12.1                                   amd64        Server component for Kopano Core
ii  kopano-server-packages                              8.5.5.0-0+12.1                                   all          Metapackage to install the entire Kopano Core stack
ii  kopano-webapp-plugin-mdm                            2.0.1.12-24.1                                    all          Kopano WebApp MDM plugin
ii  kopano4ucs-z-push                                   1.3.10                                           all          Meta package for Z-Push installation
ii  z-push-backend-kopano                               2.3.8+0-0                                        all          Z-Push Kopano backend
ii  z-push-common                                       2.3.8+0-0                                        all          open source implementation of the ActiveSync protocol
ii  z-push-config-apache                                2.3.8+0-0                                        all          Z-Push apache configuration
ii  z-push-ipc-sharedmemory                             2.3.8+0-0                                        all          Z-Push ipc shared memory provider
ii  z-push-kopano                                       2.3.8+0-0                                        all          Z-Push for Kopano
ii  z-push-kopano-gabsync                               2.3.8+0-0                                        all          GAB sync for Kopano

@externa1 is the plugin working for you?

no not that version that i have now - but the latest version worked for me

@externa1 so I am not alone :slight_smile:

ah, yes I wanted to come back to this, since I saw below sentence. but then got distracted and forgot to include it before submitting.

Generally this should not matter, since this is just an empty meta package pulling in all the required dependencies needed for Z-Push (see https://stash.z-hub.io/projects/K4U/repos/kopano4ucs/browse/debian/control#118-129).

Mine has a higher version since I’ve done some tests and general improvements to the kopano4ucs packages. But these changes have not yet been pushed to the appcenter (and are also not related to this). Like I said this is a test system.

@ckraut can you explain a bit more, what “irritates” you about the app?

that depends on OpenSuse adding 4.3 to the OpenBuildSystem. But as UCS 4.3 is pretty much identical to Debian 9 this is not really a critical thing.

@fbartels ah…I was only wondering in case I pull z-push directly from kopano that there is a package whit usc in it,
only that.

so should i add the repos for debian 9 manually to z-push.list and kopano-webapp.list ?

rg
christian

so i updated now with the debian 9 repos

and with latest version (master) it works again

grafik

rg
Christian

thats not really on topic to this, but you also do not have to do that manually. you just need to do a commit on them (ucr commit /etc/apt/sources.list.d/*.list) and then they will use Debian 9 automatically. see https://stash.z-hub.io/projects/K4U/repos/kopano4ucs/commits/0fdd1299859cf5a8970814fd0b7c0f9fc755c6c1 for more info

you should use the app on univention, though.

no that does not work for webapp und z-push:

root@CKCUCS1:/etc/apt/sources.list.d# cat z-push.list 
# Warning: This file is auto-generated and might be overwritten by
#          univention-config-registry.
#          Please edit the following file(s) instead:
# Warnung: Diese Datei wurde automatisch generiert und kann durch
#          univention-config-registry ueberschrieben werden.
#          Bitte bearbeiten Sie an Stelle dessen die folgende(n) Datei(en):
# 
# 	/etc/univention/templates/files/etc/apt/sources.list.d/z-push.list
# 

# UCS Version 4.3 is incompatible with any available kopano repository, exiting

root@CKCUCS1:/etc/apt/sources.list.d# cat kopano-webapp.list 
# Warning: This file is auto-generated and might be overwritten by
#          univention-config-registry.
#          Please edit the following file(s) instead:
# Warnung: Diese Datei wurde automatisch generiert und kann durch
#          univention-config-registry ueberschrieben werden.
#          Bitte bearbeiten Sie an Stelle dessen die folgende(n) Datei(en):
# 
# 	/etc/univention/templates/files/etc/apt/sources.list.d/kopano-webapp.list
# 

# UCS Version 4.3 is incompatible with any available kopano repository, exiting

rg
Christian

I was reading somewhere to avoid a problem whit z-push 2.3.6 or 2.3.7 using the kopano repo.

univention-config-registry set \
        kopano/repo/z-push-kopano='true' \
        kopano/repo/z-push-kopano-releasetype='final'

How can I turn this back to univention.

Ah, right. I’ve indeed only done this change for the kopano-core file. Have now added it to the code for webapp, z-push and webmeetings as well.

1 Like

Ah, so you are using the app, but through the app have also configured the Kopano repository. This is a different matter and totally fine.

Strange mine looks different

mdm

Mastodon