Mails in Outlook 2016 no longer consistent after upgrade to Kopano Core 8.6.8.2

Good morning,

I noticed here that the new release is out: https://documentation.kopano.io/kopano_changelog/kc.html#kopano-groupware-core-8-6

As advised I entered my eval-key (thanks again for this) in the app settings and ticked the box to use the Kopano repository.

univention-upgrade still gives me:
Starting univention-upgrade. Current UCS version is 4.3-2 errata344

Checking for local repository: none
Checking for package updates: none
Checking for app updates: none
Checking for release updates: none

Did I missed something?

Thx and best regards
Thomas

Update: Found the solution myself here: Kopano. Key in App-Einstellungen aber trotzdem kommt kein Update

1 Like

Hi,

I was able now to install the fixed release and I can confirm that the issue with “empty mails” via ActiveSync in Outlook is solved.

Thanks and great job Kopano-Team!

Unfortunatley I’m facing some new (minor) issues now with Outlook:

1. GAB-Sync via KOE is no longer working
  2. KOE is not showing any progress update during the complete resync of the mailbox
  3. Notes are no longer syncronized

All of this was working before. I already did a complete resetup of Outlook and KOE (including a full resync).

z-push-admin -a list gives me:

DeviceId: d3bf82d3b92c47a6a142106dac58a452
Device type: WindowsOutlook
UserAgent: Outlook/16.0 (16.0.11001.20073; x86)
ActiveSync version: 14.0
First sync: 2018-11-29 11:36
Last sync: 2018-11-29 12:26
Sync Period: unlimited (0)
Total folders: 46
Short folder Ids: Yes
Synchronized folders: 42
Synchronized data: Emails(37) Contacts Calendars(2) Tasks GAB
Additional Folders: 1
Folder name Store Type Origin Synched
Kalender xxx SYSTEM Calendar Shared Active
WipeRequest on: not set
WipeRequest by: not set
Wiped on: not set
Policy name: default
Kopano Outlook Extension:
Version: 2.0.314
Build: 87a3a67b120816301d3a001aa5fe842f85cbac98
Build Date: 2018-09-14 11:14
Capabilities: receiveflags,sendflags,bcc,oof,ooftime,sharedfolders,impersonate,webapp,freebusy,gab,notes,secondarycontacts,sendas,signatures,debugsupport,syncstate,deliveryreceipts
Last access: 2018-11-29
Attention needed: No errors known

As this is less critical I will search now the Kopano and UCS forums for solutions.
If you have a tip on what can I check this would be much appreciated.

Best regards
Thomas

Update: Found a solution for 3 - Solved

Works for me on a ucs test system

my test inbox is not really large, but you are just referring to the indicator of how far along he is in the sync, right? I could not see any issues with resyncs (i did quite some to get behind these empty items).

Hello fbartels,

thanks for giving it a try on your test system.

koe
Correct, this is what I was referring to, the blue bar and the field “Verbleibend” simply do not update during the resync (they remain as shown in the screenshot).

I found out that GAB sync is still working for another user on a different computer.
But on my local machine with my user it is not. Same with the progress inidicator while resyncing.

Very strange … already tried different versions of KOE and even Outlook was reinstalled.

Any ideas what else can I try or check?

Checking logs is always a good idea :wink:
For koe there are two logs to check;

• one is the koe logging in %temp% on the client.
  • the other is the logging of z-push

Thanks for the hint, I created debug-logs for both and captured starting the Oulook-Client and hitting the KOE “Sync GAB” button. Can’t see anything special or critical in the logs …

I give up now :frowning:

I am not planning to push this as an update into the official app center. But for you this is not an issue, since you can retrieve it through the subscription key.

After update yesterday, I’m affected too.
Outlook 2016/Active Sync: (HTML-) Mails not shown at all.
IOS Devices show messages but no text in body.

I have no subscription key.
It seemed there is no other workaround?
So, I should rely on webmail only for a couple of weeks/months?

Well … this is what you can do:

Just want to post that we encountered the same behaviour with Kopano Core 8.6.8.2 since we updated our servers a week ago.

We encountered this issue also by using kopano-migration-pst that nearly 50% of the emails showed up empty in Outlook.

Even disabling Kopano OLE deleting the account and reinstallung did not solve the issue nearly 50% of the emails stayed empty in Outlook.

Regards!

Andy

Dear Kopano-Team,
we’re having the same issue here, using the community edition with z-push and iOS Clients.
As far as I understood the thread so far, the bugfix will not be published via the app center?!
Will it become part of one of the future updates?
Is there a chance to get the bugfix in any other way?

Many thanks in advance!
Ingo

Yes, preparing an app update takes time and effort. Not only on our side, but also on the side of Univention. This time I currently have to spend on other things.

Yes, naturally. I cannot say when, though.

I have already listed the options above:

• get a Kopano subscription, which starts at 75€ and includes five users and use the repo update functionality of the app. The other benefit of this is that you this way also support further development and allow me and my colleagues to spend time on community work.
  • if you cannot spare the 75€ write an email to the above email and get a free 30 days evaluation key.

WOW, many thank for the quick reply, even on Sunday!
You guys are really doing a fantastic job here!

Emailed with @fbartels today and he indicated an update for Kopano4UCS arriving soon (probalby next week). So I guess this will resolve the problem described here.

That’s fantastic news. Thanks for sharing!

Just to follow this thread, got the same problems after updating…

Mails seem to be okay in the Web interface.

Same with me, eagerly awaiting the update in the UCS app center…

Hallo @fbartels

Just wanted to ask if you can state when an Update will be available. The version in the app store still says 8.6.8.2

Thank you very much!

Once there has been a 8.7.1 release I will start working on an ucs update. We are still figuring out some stuff for the 8.7.1, though and at this moment I do not dare to make an estimate. I will be away on holiday starting next week, so its either this week or once i am back.

Thank you for the feedback! Have a nice holiday :grinning:

Meanwhile you can use the trial key and update to the latest verison in the Kopano repository. This has solved the problem for me: https://kopano.com/kopano-testversionen/?lang=de
Click to download any version, type in your Email address and you’ll receive a serial.

Use this in the Kopano UCS App (App Settings) and update Kopano. After the trial period expired you don’t loose any functionality. Your next update then should be the next higher version of Kopano4UCS than the one you have currently installed via repo.

Mastodon