LDAP-Anbindung an Zammad - see below for english

Hallo zusammen,
ich habe einen UCS-Server aufgesetzt mit dem aktuellen OS. Das System ist nicht mit der Domäne verbunden und wurde als neue Domäne konfiguriert. Darauf ist die App Zammad installiert. Das klappt soweit auch alles, nur wenn ich LDAP konfigurieren möchte zeigt er eine Fehlermeldung an. Ich habe die Einstellungen überprüft und festgestellt, dass bei dem Punkt “Group filter” (objectClass=posixgroup) eingetragen ist. Deshalb kann er vermutlich nicht mit dem Windows AD kommunizieren. Das LDAP war schon vorkonfiguriert, das heißt ich konnte die Einstellung nicht ändern. Habe es unter Ubuntu nachgestellt. Hier konnte ich LDAP neu konfigurieren und die Verbindung klappt. Meine Vermutung ist, dass er die Konfiguration von dem UCS zieht. Gibt es hier die Möglichkeit (evtl. auch über Konsole) den “Group filter” für LDAP umzustellen? Möchte das UCS-System nicht mit dem Windows Active Directory verbinden.
Vielen Dank schon mal vorweg :slight_smile:
Liebe Grüße Adrian

Hello everyone,

I set up a new UCS-Server. The system is not connected to a MS Active Directory (the domain is configured as new UCS-Domain). I installed the app Zammad on that server and almost everything works fine so far. One crucial option, the LDAP connection, shows an error. I checked the settings and saw, that at “Group filter” the setting is set as follows: (objectClass=posixgroup). I do not have (or had) the option to change that setting. I guess that is why I cannot connect to my Windows Domain. I reproduced it on Ubuntu and there I could set up a NEW LDAP connection (on UCS, I only had the otion to CHANGE it - not so set up a new one). Is there any possibility to change the group filter for LDAP or add a new one on UCS? I do not want to connect the UCS with the Active Directory, only Zammad with LDAP.

Thank you and greetings Adrian

Hello @Adrian1,

I’m not sure if I understood you correctly. You have a single UCS system that is not connected with an AD domain and it shall not be connected in the future. It will remain “solo”. On that system you have Zammad installed and the directory connection is not working properly.

Of course, you could check the LDAP settings in Zammad admin interface and customize them to your needs. They are pre configured during installation and should™ match your environment. Group filter settings though are not touched during installation.

Best regards,
Nico

Hello @gulden,

Yes it will remain “solo” and Zammad is installed. But the LDAP connection isn’t working correct. I can see AD groups but if I want to add them all of them are failed. It show’s, that there are 3 users (correct) but all of them failed)
I have already checked them and there is no option to change the group filter. Maybe it can be configured in user filter? I’ve already tried to add there (objectClass=group) (thats what it says at Zammad on Ubuntu) but that show’s me that there are 0 found and 0 failed.

Kind regards,
Adrian

Hello @Adrian1,

this is a Zammad related issue. Can you please open a topic at the Zammad forum? There you can reach the app vendor. Thank you very much.

Best regards,
Nico

@gulden Are you sure? He said he is able to set up the LDAP options with a parallel ubuntu installation, only in the UCS he is unable to change some of the (important?) settings. If this is a Zammad issue, should the behaviour not be the same with ubuntu and ucs?

Hello @gulden ,

there is already an open topic at the Zammad forum. The ticket-creator describes the same problem I have. I will upload pictures of the settings on UCS and the same settings on Ubuntu. Maybe they will help us find a solution.

Kind regards,
Adrian

Ubuntu Server:
Zammad_Ubuntu

UCS-Server
Zammad_UCS

Hello,

regarding your setup, I’m still not sure, if I understood it correctly. As already pointed out, there is one UCS standalone system. On this system is the Zammad app installed and this instance has problems with group resolution. On a separate Ubuntu system you have manually installed Zammad. To which LDAP directory does the Zammad instance on Ubuntu point to?

What is your use regarding the group filter?

The Group Filter is indeed configured during the Zammad installation on UCS with a rails settings command directly in the Zammad app. I’m sorry for my previously wrong statement. I don’t know the Zammad integration in detail, though.

In the UCS integration the Zammad roles Admin and Agent are assigned to the user groups zammad-admin and zammad-agent in the UCS LDAP.

I suggest, you ask in the Zammad forum how to change the Group Filter setting in the Zammad app on a UCS installation.

Best regards,
Nico

Mastodon