Kopano Meet with a different port

Hello,

i would like to use Kopano Meet with a different Port (e.g. 444). Like https://mydomain.de:444/meet
We are using 443 already for mail

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance

Heiko

Hi @heikoschn,

currently there is no setting to modify the port the ui would be available from.

But personally I think adding a port behind a domain always negatively impacts the overall user experience. After all for google or gmx users are also not required to remember a number on top of the domain name.

why can’t you have your webmail application and meet running on the same domain?

Hello,

thank your for the reply! After your comment, i did a new blank installation.

Just one more question:

On my ucs, the sso page https://ucs-sso.mydomain.de/signin/v1/identifier… is only working with NO certificate! I can accept the Browser warning and everything is fine. As soon, as i add a Lets Encrypt certificate, i receive:

Not Found

The requested URL was not found on this server.
Apache/2.4.25 (Univention) Server at ucs-sso.mydomain.de Port 443

Any idea?

I really appreciate your help

Heiko

Hi @heikoschn,

I guess mydomain.de is a placeholder, but also is not the same as your general domain name. If you are using a different domain name to reach the ucs system over the web, then you need to make some changes to apache to make it publicly reachable.

For the appliance I am using the following snippet:

ln -s /etc/apache2/conf-available/openid-connect-provider.conf /etc/apache2/conf-enabled/
systemctl reload apache2

Hello,

thanks a lot for the quick responce :wink:

Everything works fine now!

How many Guests can i invite to a meeting at the the same time?

Or, i have a customer with 26 Employees. Can they all take part at the same meeting?

Thanks

Heiko

Hi @heikoschn,

there is no direct limitation enforced by the code, but since Meet is using mesh connections (everyone needs to send and receive to each other participant) it pretty much depends on the hardware and bandwidth available for each participant.

Generally speaking currently Meet calls are at their sweet spot for up to five participants.

Mastodon