Joining to AD with ad connent app fails

Hello Guys!

Today i installed on my vmware host the latest owncloud, and after the setup i wanted to join it to my AD.
After i fill the credentials it starts the joining method and in the end drops an error:

Could not connect to AD Server xyz. Please verify that username and password are correct. (Details:
make-deleted-objects-readable-for-this-machine failed with 1 (Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/share/univention-ad-connector/scripts/make-deleted-objects-readable-for-this-machine", line 270, in 
ad.grant_DSACL_LCRP_to_local_system()
File "/usr/share/univention-ad-connector/scripts/make-deleted-objects-readable-for-this-machine", line 206, in grant_DSACL_LCRP_to_local_system
self.ad.lo.modify_ext_s(compatible_modstring(self.deleted_objects_dn), [(ldap.MOD_REPLACE, 'nTSecurityDescriptor', desc_ndr)], serverctrls=ctrls)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ldap/ldapobject.py", line 987, in modify_ext_s
return self._apply_method_s(SimpleLDAPObject.modify_ext_s,*args,**kwargs)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ldap/ldapobject.py", line 931, in _apply_method_s
return func(self,*args,**kwargs)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ldap/ldapobject.py", line 374, in modify_ext_s
resp_type, resp_data, resp_msgid, resp_ctrls = self.result3(msgid,all=1,timeout=self.timeout)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ldap/ldapobject.py", line 514, in result3
resp_ctrl_classes=resp_ctrl_classes
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ldap/ldapobject.py", line 521, in result4
ldap_result = self._ldap_call(self._l.result4,msgid,all,timeout,add_ctrls,add_intermediates,add_extop)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ldap/ldapobject.py", line 106, in _ldap_call
result = func(*args,**kwargs)
ldap.INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS: {'info': '00000005: SecErr: DSID-03152870, problem 4003 (INSUFF_ACCESS_RIGHTS), data 0\n', 'desc': 'Insufficient access'}
))

If somebody could help with it i would be very thankful.

Greats Attila

Hi,

well I know it sounds a little bit dumb, but:
Have you double(!) checked credentials?
Are you using a full administrator account?
Are you trying to connect to an AD domaincontroller?
Have you use the correct hostname to connect to?
Do you have proper DNS resolving configured?

Just as ideas…

/CV

Dear Christian!

It was my misstake, i dont know why but the install process field my full domain controllers name.
When i typed in just the domain it connected to my ad.

Now i want to setup that if i connect to the owncloud link what i give at the install, to go straight to owncloud,Now it is go to the univention portal. Did i made some misstake for this?

Looking for you answere!

Bolvári Attila

Mastodon