Jitsi meet black screen more as 2 participants

Hi,
I have installed my own jitsi server.
Open ports 80,443,4443 and 10000 on the firewall.
Set my public ip in the ums jitsi app settings.

My issue is, if more as 2 participants in the meeting the other participants screens are blank and no audio.
When the third participants logout of the meeting the meeting functions again.

What is wrong in my configuration?

I don’t know the answer, but my guess would be it’s either a lack of resources, or it’s something with the way your firewall is handling the ports.

I bumped my vm up to 8gigs of ram when I installed it based on the recommendations I saw, and I haven’t seen any issues. I’m also using opnsense as my firewall, not a basic consumer router.

I have also noticed that there is about 2.5Mbps of bandwidth per stream in what I think is the default high quality mode. I’m not sure what happens when you run out of bandwidth as I haven’t had more than 4 people connected at once yet.

Hi Kevo,

thanks for your reply.

I had installed again jitsi meet and it was the same result.
I had open the inbound ports in the firewall (is not a consumer is Sophos SG firewall).
In the firewall log it shows no blocked traffic.

Maybe, Is it a problem with the default UCS container and the videobridge config?

best regards and wish you a great day.
Chris

I’ve never used jitsi on UCS, but I’ve an instance, installed on debian 10, which runs regularly behind a nginx reverse proxy

First of all, I’d suggest to check the logs as indicated here: https://jitsi.github.io/handbook/docs/devops-guide/devops-guide-quickstart#debugging-problems

Second, the problem that you’re describing seems to be linked to firewall/NAT configurations as described here: https://jitsi.github.io/handbook/docs/devops-guide/devops-guide-manual#running-behind-nat

If I were you, I would check the configuration of haverst IP address as described in the link above

Let we know, bye

Same problem here. I moved with my Jitis from the data centre (no Nat, UCS had entered the public IP directly). Port forwarding has now been configured via the firewall.

What I don’t understand, according to the FW log the client doesn’t even request port 10000 and 8888. That is very strange, isn’t it? Also on only 2 people, i have no audio and no video. In LAN it is working normal. Without NAT.

Done, but no changes…

Mastodon