Issue after upgrade 4.2 to 4.3

gpo is not working. User will face hang at logon.

Hi @razi.razak

have your tried

samba-tool ntacl sysvolcheck

In case of errors you might run

samba-tool ntacl sysvolreset

hope that helps.

Getting below error.

Administrator@my02:~$ samba-tool ntacl sysvolreset
ERROR(runtime): uncaught exception - Unable to load default file
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/samba/netcmd/__init__.py", line 176, in _run
    return self.run(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/samba/netcmd/ntacl.py", line 191, in run
    lp = sambaopts.get_loadparm()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/samba/getopt.py", line 92, in get_loadparm
    self._lp.load_default()
Administrator@my02:~$

Hey,

you must run samba-tool as root, not as user administrator. While administrator has full rights regarding domain administration, it doesn’t have full local admin rights on the server itself. Try prefixing the whole command with sudo.

Kind regards,
mosu

Noted the guide provided was great GPO is working now. I would like to know how to remove existing GPO that was unable to be remove?

Hey,

You should use Windows’ Group Policy Editor for removing GPOs. Stat it, navigate to the “Group Policy Objects” folder, right-click on the GPO to remove, select “Delete” from the menu. If that failed before executing samba-tool ntacl sysvolreset, you should now try to remove it again.

Kind regards,
mosu

Already execute samba-tool ntacl sysvolreset but still getting “The server is unwilling to process the request”.

Mastodon