Is this a bug? when adding DNS entry

I am trying to add various DNS entries the UCS DC master which is installed in parallel to a Windows AD.
When I am trying to add a new DNS entry, if I enter “@” as hostname in the “General Host Record Setting” dialog box, I get a duplicate of the zone under the zone with nothing in it. I would expect that this adds a host record for the domain itself.

not sure what happened to the screen capture, compressed too much?

Hello lleo,

You’ll find this setting on a different place:

Open the DNS-Tab in the UMC and click on the zone-file-entry in the right table.
For expample, if you want to set a @-record for my.domain, you click on my.domain in the table.
Then you will get the settings-dialog with the headline DNS: my.domain.

Navigate to IP-address on the left side.
Here you have to set the IP-address, wich should be your @-record.

Save and your done.

Note:
If you want to create a @-record for a subdomain, you first have to create a new forward-zone and then use the steps above.

Hello onex,
thanks, I found those settings before, but changes made there were not immediately effective, thus I thought I needed to make an entry somewhere else.
After restarting the system for other reasons, it resolves the domain correctly.
Danke

ok, dann bitte diesen Thread als gelöst / solved markieren.

I’ve been running UCS 4.4-0 as AD master but recentlty experienced some problems that i thought might be related to UCS. I updated to UCS 4.4-1 errata 241. Now, I’m able to resolve to the correct IP using the method described by @onex , but only for a minute. After that it somehow gets doubled, so now it resolves server.domain.tld.server.domain.tld instead of just server.domain.tld

This is tested with nslookup on a windows machine. I’ve been running ipconfig /cleandns before to make sure it’s not a caching problem.

Mastodon