Installed ADTakeover, now can't login to UCS

Hello all -

I have been getting to know Univention Corporate Server. I installed it via the OVA image for Oracle VirtualBox (running on a Linux physical box).

I installed Active Directory Connection, then installed the Active Directory Takeover module on my UCS, just to look at it (I didn’t even open the module after installation, much less go through its steps). I then rebooted the UCS. NOW, I cannot login to the UCS itself, regardless of what username/password combo I use. Keeps giving me “Login Failed”. Absolutely nothing else was changed… I just installed the darn module.

At this point, it would appear that I might need to blow away the UCS virtual machine in VirtualBox and re-create it…

Any ideas?

I cannot think of a reason why installing both apps should block login attempts, especially if you haven’t configured either of them yet.

First, please verify that the time & date inside the UCS VM is correct.

Next try changing the password of the “administrator” user via the console. You can do that with the following command:

udm users/user modify --dn uid=administrator,cn=users,$(ucr get ldap/base) --set password=YourNewPassword

A successful change should output something like this:

Object modified: uid=administrator,cn=users,dc=…

Now try logging in at the Univention Management Console with “administrator” and the newly-set pasword.

Mastodon