Installation without .intranet on the domain name

When I’m trying to install Univention on the Host Settings part I try to enter my domain, and it says that the domain needs to have “.intranet” in the end of it so it can be accepted and it doesn’t let me go further on the installation.
If I keep the .intranet in the end of the domain as it ask me to, when I try to connect as a member server with the Active Directory Connection App it says that I need to have the same domain name, and with the .intranet in the name of the domain I can’t do that.

Does someone have a solution for this?

Thank you

It’s been a little while since I set up a UCS, but I don’t remember any restriction. I just changed the domain name and continued the installation. I don’t think you can change it after the install, so you need to make it what you want it during the install.

The problem is that it doesn’t identify my domain because the domain is “teste.l” and he doesn’t know " .l "

Hmm. I’ve never seen a top level domain shorter than 2 characters, so I’m not sure if it’s possible to set up a single letter top level domain. What happens if you put “ll”? If that works then I’d guess it’s a programmed restriction and if you really wanted that to work you’d probably need to file a report with some kind of justification for it. I don’t know why it wouldn’t be technically possible but if that restriction is built into multiple components then it might not be worth the effort for it to be removed just for a special case. I wonder how many people are trying to set up their servers with single letter TLDs?

Mastodon