Install hangs VM Bridged networking

Greetings all,

So I’m a neophyte when it comes to networking with most knowledge self taught. Plus google is my friend. I am having an issue with the UCS server setup in a virtual machine using bridged networking.
System: Fedora Workstation 32 with KVM/QEMU installed. 64G ram Ryzen 9 16/32 c/t
When I install UCS using the default libvirt networking and NAT, everything works just fine. However, I do not want to hassle with firewall rules to make aspects of the server visible to the world, so I created a bridged networking setup and made sure the libvirt netfilter is off. When I start the UCS install it grabs an ip address from the router via the bridge networking without any issues, however, the install hangs at ‘install additional software’ - ‘Configuring univention-system-setup-boot (amd64)’. It can hang here for up to 30 minutes with 0 processor use, then move on. When the install completes, accessing the the software app center will hang and throw the error ‘error registration of the application in the domain failed.’ So logically in my mind this has to have something to do with the virtual switch created when firing up the networking bridge. My question’s

1. has anyone else experienced this or something similar
  2. how do I trouble shoot this as all ports appear active and available in UCS
  3. which logs can I review

Any help, pointers, and solutions would be greatly appreciated.
Regards,
Mike

Mastodon