How to rejoin a UCS DC as Windows AD member server?

We have an UCS DC master as member server of a Windows AD domain (using UCS AD connector).
Everything worked well until _somebody_on the Windows side changed (=resetted) the computer account of the UCS server in AD so that UCS server can’t access the AD any more with its account.

As the new credentials on AD side are not known we thought that removing the UCS server from AD (in windows) and rejoining the UCS as AD member might be a solution.

So our question is: Is there a way to rejoin the existing UCS DC master controller as AD member computer again?

Hi did you ever solve this?

I have a UCS 4.8 from what I always thougt was just a member in my windows domain but seems to be a “DC master”

Actice directory connection service won’t start anymore (I don’t know why). I tried to rejoin but univention-join command says “Join on DC Master impossible”
Now I just want to get it out of my AD and install a UCS 5 as new member (or unmanaged node as it seems to be called nowadays)

Does anybody know to clean up my AD manually ?

I can only find one “_domaincontroller_master” service location in my DNS. Other than that there is only the UCS machine account in my AD in the computers OU
I have no clue where else the UCS in my windows domain might hide itself…

kind regards
Michael

Hi Michael,
unfortunately we were not able to solve the problem and decided to migrate the application (owncloud) to a basic version without UCS with all its complexity.

sorry for not having better news,

Roman

It hides all over the place…

you need to use the tools provided for AD maintenance, that come with windows.

Remote Server Administration Tools

just logging into the AD server using the “normal” systems does not to show everything.

MS also very thoughtfully only allows some things to be accessed from “powershell”

Mastodon