How to create a new profile

Is there a guide on how to create a profile associated with a group that allows to just change a certain user field? thank you.

Hey,

I’m sorry, but I don’t really understand what you’re getting at. What do you mean by “change a certain user field”? What kind of user are we talking about here? Which kind/which field? What’s your use case?

Kind regards,
mosu

Sorry for my poor english, It is possible to restrict to some user group (help desk) the right to change only telephone number?

thank you.

Hey,

You mean that a user who is not a domain admnistrator should be able to log in to the Univention Management Console (the web-based management tool), edit another user and change his/her telephone number?

This should be possible. The UCS documentation contains a section (“3.4.5. Access control for the LDAP directory”) about allowing certain users to reset the password of other users. You should be able to map that approach to allowing them to change the telephone number. The section “4.9. Delegated administration in the UMC” is relevant, too.

Additionally there’s a Cool solutions article about this topic which might be easier to understand than the admin documentation.

Kind regards,
mosu

1 Like
Mastodon