How to Adding/ Create New Attribute for LDAP?

How to Adding/ Create New Attribute with name “department” for LDAP on UCS?

Hey Harianto,

this is possible via an LDAP schema extension, for more info see 3.3. LDAP directory — Univention Corporate Server - Manual for users and administrators, Q&A: Can I Extend My LDAP Schema? and for a walk-through: LDAP Tips: Use Schema Extensions to Add Attributes and Create Objects

However you might achieve the same without modifing the LDAP: There are 20 univentionFreeAttributes offered for your own usage that can easily be utilizied via an Extended Attribute: 4.7. Expansion of UMC modules with extended attributes — Univention Corporate Server - Manual for users and administrators

Best regards
Jan-Luca

1 Like

Hi Jan-Luca

Thank you for your reply, I have successfully added the department attribute with configuration as a below:

Unique name : department
UDM CLI name : department
Sort description : department
Long description : Contains the name for the department in which the user works
Modules to be extended : User
LDAP object class : univentionFreeAttributes
LDAP attribute : univentionFreeAttribute1

So can you help, how to adapt the connector mapping, to get department attributes from Samba mapped to department attributes in ldap ?
i have found docs Q&A: Can I syncronize an additional attribute from ldap to samba, i have to configure file /etc/univention/connector/s4/mapping but i don’t know how to configure it.
Thanks.

Best Regards
Harianto

1 Like
Mastodon