How do I troubleshoot UI issues?

The “Basic Settings” tab will not open from the “Overview” tab in the web UI, what steps can i take to identify and troubleshoot?

All I get is the loading image as shown.

Hi,

this seems to be related to [bug]29770[/bug], which was fixed in UCS 3.1 errata 2.
Please update to the current version and do the following:

ucr set locale="$(sed -ne "s/locales='\(.*\)'/\1/p" </etc/univention/installation_profile)" ucr set locale/default="$(sed -ne "s/locale_default='\(.*\)'/\1/p" </etc/univention/installation_profile)" /etc/init.d/univention-management-console-web-server restart /etc/init.d/univention-management-console-server restart
Kind regards,
Tim Petersen

Thanks Tim

My version reports as :
UCS version 3.1-0 errata0 (Findorff)
UMC version 5.0.57-1.716.201212090209
Validity date of the SSL root certificate December 25, 2017
Validity date of the SSL host certificate December 25, 2017

System updates tool from the UI shows no new updates, apt-get update and apt-get upgrade, show no newer version.

I performed the steps:
ucr set locale="$(sed -ne “s/locales=’(.)’/\1/p" </etc/univention/installation_profile)"
ucr set locale/default="$(sed -ne "s/locale_default=’(.
)’/\1/p” </etc/univention/installation_profile)"
/etc/init.d/univention-management-console-web-server restart
/etc/init.d/univention-management-console-server restart

and the behavior is now slightly different in that I don’t see the greyed out info in the background any longer on the basic tab, just a blank white screen with the busy widget.

EDIT: after rebooting the Basic setting tab operates as expected.

EDIT2: after applying changes to network settings the behavior returned to busy pointer as shown in my first post. another reboot results in basic settings showing blank with busy pointer again.
thanks!

Hi!

you will see this behaviour again everytime you do changes in the basic settings until the bug is fixed by executing the errata update :slight_smile:

That’s a problem - by the way: please don’t use apt-get directy. Updates are done by either the UMC or univention-upgrade.
Please post the output of the following command - perhaps the repository settings are not correct:

ucr search --brief repository

Please check the output for sensible information before (i.e. several 3rd Party repositories are setting a sensible password in these UCR variables).

For the moment you can do the steps again as a workaround:

ucr set locale="$(sed -ne "s/locales='\(.*\)'/\1/p" </etc/univention/installation_profile)" ucr set locale/default="$(sed -ne "s/locale_default='\(.*\)'/\1/p" </etc/univention/installation_profile)" /etc/init.d/univention-management-console-web-server restart /etc/init.d/univention-management-console-server restart

Kind regards,
Tim

Hello,
a simple (and probably stupid) question:
Where to find ucr?
I get the following message:
“-bash: ucr: command not found”

Thanks in advance.

You ran the command as user root?

I tried as Admin.
Using root user worked fine.
Thanks for the hint!