How add RADUIS attributes

Hello There,

these are my first steps with univention. Additionally I am not a professional Admin, but hope to find some help anyway. Right now I am about to evaluate the functionality in order to figure out if OCS is the right choice for our network - what just hope to :wink:

We are running an WPA2-Enterprise WLAN with 802.1x Authentication. We are using a unify router which has a build in RADIUS server for that purpose. It is possible to add users with three additional parameters:

• vlan id
  • tunnel type
  • medium type

and this way it is possible to configure the vlan in which the users is put into when successfully authenticated to the WLAN/LAN. Pleas see the screenshot for Details

Screenshot from 2023-02-08 10-50-00

In order to use OCS to provide Identities I can tell the router to use OCS’s RADIUS instead of its own. But after installing the RADUIS App, all I can do it tick the »Allow Network Access« Box as show here:

Screenshot from 2023-02-08 10-54-33

So there is no way to configure anything else. Is that done somewhere else? Is there any other app I can use to make that happen? The important Setting is the VLAN ID, it would be possible to set this, it would be cool.

Thanks for Help!!

Hello,

you can configure more than that, but the settings are indeed a bit hidden. :wink:
Because you said you are new to UCS I would advise you to take a look at our manual, specifically chapter 11.6 RADIUS should be helpful: 11.6. RADIUS — Univention Corporate Server - Manual for users and administrators
If I understand you right you want to separate users into VLANs, that is possible via assigning a VLAN ID to a group and adding the user to the group, chapter 11.6.2.6. VLAN IDs says something about that.

Best regards
Jan-Luca

Thanks a lot for the link to the manual! Don’t know how I managed not to stumble over it! It’s cool to know that it’s possible, since that is a critical point!!

1 Like
Mastodon