Hesse LUSD Test Import with UCS 4.4 and UCS 5 not working

Hi,

I’m testing some school administration tools for our school, such as UCS@school, too.
We have the german hessian LUSD as our central user database.
Your website [2] reports that the import of LUSD data is possible.

For a test, I have downloaded the UCS 4.4 and the UCS 5 appliance (ESXi) from [1].
I have installed the UCS@school App and managed the Import function.

When I want to import students I get an error message:

Die Prüfung der Daten ist fehlgeschlagen.
UserImportJob #1 (dry run) ended with error.

Read users from input data: 0
Errors: 1
Entry |   User    | Error description
-------------------------------------
    0 | <No name> | An unknown error terminated the import job: coercing to Unicode: need string or buffer, list found 

When I want to import the file with UCS 5 I also get an error message:

Die Prüfung der Daten ist fehlgeschlagen.
UserImportJob #57 (dry run) ended with error.

Read users from input data: 952
Errors: 2
Entry |   User    | Error description
-------------------------------------
    0 | <No name> | source_uid or record_uid are not set (source_uid='test-student' record_uid=None).
    0 | <No name> | More than 0 errors.  

The amount of students does not fit, it is the number of lines of the PGP encrypted file.

How can I use that import tool for the LUSD import file? Without that I don’t need to waste my time in testing and possibly buying that product.

[1] UCS steht als Download (ISO-Image oder VM-Image) bereit.
[2] LUSD-Anbindung als Erweiterung der für UCS@school

Hello @schtho & welcome to the forum!

In the first place, it’s important to know that the import requires some configuration, please read [2] first. It seems that your import misses a proper schema for record_uid, this has to be configured in your user_import.json, the default is email.

How did you do your import? Per cmdline or UMC-Frontend?

The LUSD-Importer is published as a cool solution for UCS5. Basically, it is a ImportReader class, so after reading and formatting the encrypted XML file, the import process follows the standard again.
See [1] for a config reference.

Disclaimer: you need a matching GPG key to decrypt the encrypted files. Please ask the “Kultusministerium Hessen” for this

[1] cool-solutions/lusd-readme.md at ucs-5.0/master · univention/cool-solutions · GitHub
[2] UCS@school - Handbuch zur CLI-Import Schnittstelle — UCS@school - Handbuch zur CLI-Import-Schnittstelle

Hi @friedrich ,

herzlichen Dank für die Auskunft, die in dieser Form leider noch nicht vorhanden war.

Der Import wurde über die Weboberfläche durchgeführt. Per CLI habe ich momentan nichts konfiguriert.
Ohne den PGP Key kann das Ganze natürlich nicht funktionieren; da war ich der Meinung, dass der von Univention zur Verfügung gestellt wird, da das Tool eben zertifiziert sei.
Ich werde mal beim hessischen Kultusministerium nachfragen. Wenn Sie da einen Ansprechpartner haben, würde ich mich freuen; gerne auch als Privatnachricht.

Gern geschehen @schtho

Sie können den Standard-Import (d.h.mit CSV-Dateien) problemlos testen, ich empfehle Ihnen konzeptionell das SiSoPi-Szenario, da die Daten mehrere Schulen aus einer Stammdatenverwaltung kommen. Das erfordert allerdings eineindeutige IDs (z.B. E-Mail).

Hier noch ein Schaubild zum groben Ablauf des LUSD-Imports:

flowchart

Mastodon