We are pleased to announce the availability of the first milestone of UCS 3.0 as DVD-ISO for i386. The milestone addresses partners and technology partners, who want to assert the compatibility of their software products with UCS 3.0. The milestone is not designated for production use. It already contains all packages for UCS 3.0, but does not yet cover all features of the final release. UCS 3.0 is based on Debian GNU/Linux 6.0 aka "Squeeze".
The following components of the planned feature set of UCS 3.0 are already available in the milestone:
- Installation on i386 from DVD
- Samba 4 and Samba 3
- System roles: Domain Controller (Master, Backup, Slave), Memberserver, Base system
- Anonymous bind to OpenLDAP directory service is disabled. LDAP requests require an authentication towards the OpenLDAP directory service
- Preview of the new Univention Management Console (UMC)
- Integration of Univention Directory Manager (UDM) into UMC
The first milestone does not include (excerpt):
- Features for virtualization
- Optical design so that the first milestone does not correspond to the final look of UCS 3.0
- Update of the integration of the mail stack consisting of Cyrus IMAP, Postfix, Spamassassin/Amavis and Horde 4
- Update of Active Directory Connector
The installed system is configured to retrieve package updates from testing.univention.de.
Questions can be asked in the Univention Forum in the section UCS. Information about download and installation of the milestone can be found in the Univention Wiki in the article UCS 3.0 Test Instructions. Further information about development of UCS 3.0, schedule and feature set can be found in the Univention Wiki, as well.